Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

but where?

Dude, I'll make it easy for you. Go to the grocery store. Go to a Coffee Bean or something. Just before you order, greet your barista/checkout clerk and ask how their day is going. While they answer, look 'em in the eye. Treat 'em like a person. Comment about the weather. Ask how much longer their shift is. Whatever. Any or all of those, depending on how busy they are, how rushed they are, how much of a line there is. Even if they're slammed and shine you on or whatever, make a point when you're done to thank them (and look 'em in the eye when you thank them). The less you can make it about the generic/automatic transaction, and the more you can make it about two humans conversing briefly over a few seconds, the better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:sparta: 

People were getting on me about dating guys and how I'm gay but don't know it yet, and I just said "let me date a girl first." I'm not homophobic at all and pretty comfortable with my sexuality.

Bisexuality, pansexuality, demisexual, asexual. All good things. All real. Have fun with them all, or none of them, you want!

that said, my favorite thing about being old is looking back at my teenage self and going “oh my god, I was so gay”. Lolol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Dude, I'll make it easy for you. Go to the grocery store. Go to a Coffee Bean or something. Just before you order, greet your barista/checkout clerk and ask how their day is going. While they answer, look 'em in the eye. Treat 'em like a person. Comment about the weather. Ask how much longer their shift is. Whatever. Any or all of those, depending on how busy they are, how rushed they are, how much of a line there is. Even if they're slammed and shine you on or whatever, make a point when you're done to thank them (and look 'em in the eye when you thank them). The less you can make it about the generic/automatic transaction, and the more you can make it about two humans conversing briefly over a few seconds, the better.

When you see Infinity War ask the old lady closest to you to rank the Marvel movies

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

There is no Coffee Bean around here :lol: Also, based on a family member's experience, I wouldn't ask someone how long their shift is.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

When you see Infinity War ask the old lady closest to you to rank the Marvel movies

That'll be hard because I'm seeing it in Orlando where less seniors go to the movies :sparta: 

35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Bisexuality, pansexuality, demisexual, asexual. All good things. All real. Have fun with them all, or none of them, you want!

that said, my favorite thing about being old is looking back at my teenage self and going “oh my god, I was so gay”. Lolol. 

Yeah, I was about to say, with all the terms that are now out there, is there even such a thing as a 100% straight person these days? :lol:

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

*goes on Letterboxd*

Of course @Blankments saw Sgt. Stubby :hahaha: 

This side of Han will never die, everyone. Lost cause.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Yeah, I was about to say, with all the terms that are now out there, is there even such a thing as a 100% straight person these days? :lol:

*grabs megaphone* human sexuality is a spectrum not a binaryyyyy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
44 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Anywhere? If you see someone and you think they look nice or have a cool shirt or something walk up to them and let them know that. 

This is terrible. Sometimes people will say hi to me or total strangers will be like hang out with us or comment how cool my shirt is. Like hello I don't know you people. 

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

This is terrible. Sometimes people will say hi to me or total strangers will be like hang out with us or comment how cool my shirt is. Like hello I don't know you people. 

I feel like that's a pretty miserable perspective to have.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

tumblr_p65uey1mfI1usi1y4o3_400.gif

tumblr_p65uey1mfI1usi1y4o1_400.gif

tumblr_p65uey1mfI1usi1y4o4_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I feel like that's a pretty miserable perspective to have.

I'm sorry but if total strangers are like "let's hang out" I assume they want to rob me. And so far I haven't been robbed. 

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I'm sorry but if total strangers are like "let's hang out" I assume they want to rob me. And so far I haven't been robbed. 

they're hitting on you

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I mean let's hang out is weird. But if they say "hey I like your shirt" then they probably just like your shirt

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean let's hang out is weird. But if they say "hey I like your shirt" then they probably just like your shirt.

I mean I have great shirts so probably. I say "thanks" and quickly move on.

My mom went in for a heart catherization today because her doctor was a little concerned about something he found.   Everything came back negative.  No blockage.   Gets to come back home tonight.

About fucking time something good happened to my family this year

• Like 14