Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

47 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

A couple of trusted sources have written about their problems with Three Billboards that are very much the kind of problems I can see myself having with it as well, so while I'm sure it's a good movie I'm not crazily excited for it anymore. (Maybe it'll surprise me.) Very much want to see Lady Bird. Phantom Thread is easily my most anticipated of the year's end though.

Coen brothers > Juno

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Coen brothers > Juno

Man I love In Bruges but McDonagh has to get a hell of a lot more quality work under his belt to earn a Coens comparison. And Lady Bird doesn't look all that much like Juno except insofar as they're both coming-of-age comedies about teen girls. (And also Juno is a fine movie.)

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I know but I’m so disgusted at his behavior. 

Understandably so, but a million people worked on Coco. I understand why you wouldn't wanna see it, but I'd just go to it with the mindset of appreciating the people who did work on it. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Understandably so, but a million people worked on Coco. I understand why you wouldn't wanna see it, but I'd just go to it with the mindset of appreciating the people who did work on it. 

True.

I know I’ve said this in like my last five posts but I’m appalled by Lassiter. Lassiter was one of my inspirations of film. When I was in middle school, he along with Nolan, Spielberg and Burton inspired me to write scripts. Over time my passions changed from writing to medicine but I’m really fucking disgusted at Lassiter.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

I have to admit I'm feeling a bit of a "tarnish" on Coco right now. But I recognize that the feeling is unfair to the hundreds of other people not guilty of sexual harrassment who worked on it and are probably as heartbroken by this development as I am. Planning on seeing it on Thanksgiving with my cousin and just going to try to enjoy it as much as I can.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1