Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A lot of people on Twitter have been going after Rami Malek and the rest of the Bohemian Rhapsody crew for barely addressing the Singer controversy (especially when multiple people involved with Green Book have had to make apologies in regards to the various controversies that film has endured) but if I had to guess it's because they are under legal obligation by Fox not to address it.

Who these people think they are ?

They amuse me.

It s the only way they found in their (miserable) lives to produce endorphins, as if their lives were so fucking perfect in every way.

The New Puritains in deed.

• Thanks 1

cats are seen as typically more feminine than dogs and yet all the most famous fictional cats i can think of garfield, top cat, tom, sylvester, bagpuss, felix, the cheshire, puss in boots, cat in the hat, kevin spacey in nine lives are boys. the first famous dog that came to mind was Lassie.

30 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Why are US news reports surprised that parts of the US are colder the Antarctica?

After all it's summer Down Under.

Not only that but it’s a funky weather phenomenon that causes the northern US and southern Canada to be colder than the normal Arctic temps from what I understand.

The media pushing narratives like that aren’t helpful

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Pluto, Scooby-Doo, Brian, Droopy, Huckleberry Hound, Santas Little Helper...

i'm not saying there aren't boy dogs but still i could think of more examples of lady dogs than lady cats. just interesting to me since cats are seen as a feminine thing. the vast majority of cats in this list are male. only a couple exceptions and none of them are big deals imo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_felines

Edited by CoolioD1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm not saying there aren't boy dogs but still i could think of more examples of lady dogs than lady cats. just interesting to me since cats are seen as a feminine thing. the vast majority of cats in this list are male. only a couple exceptions and none of them are big deals imo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_felines

cat named Snowbell in Stuart Little?  I might have to watch that one today to see what Snowbell is all about!

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I now realise I didn’t read the original post properly. I was thinking you couldn’t think of any fictional dogs in general. 

Come to think of it most famous fictional cats and dogs seem to be male. 

I think we’ve stumbled on to something here. 

i guess cat ownership is seen as feminine more than the cats themselves a lot of famous cats i'm thinking of have female owners. i guess garfield (male owner tho) can't be female because the fat lazy asshole thing is more a male stereotype. only recently female roles have started to explore that. tom can't be female it just makes his abuse at the hands of jerry more awkward to watch.

who would you say the most famous female cat is? even the cat in breakfast at tiffanys is a dude.

Just now, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

maybe it is like with sports how it is all male, and when watching tv, one is led to expect the animals to be boys too

maybe. i just remember it was kinda a meme on twitter/tumblr a few years ago to say "all dogs are boys/all cats are girls". that's maybe why it's so surprising to me idk.

but of course we haven't seen taylor swift in Cats yet. that's when it's all gonna change.