Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

I propose a drinking game for tommorow's Oscars: take a drink every time Ukraine gets dragged into a speech no many how remote the connection.

I have nothing agains a statment at the beginning of the show but it going to be bit mcuh watching the overkill.

The joke here is you thinking there will be a world by the time we reach March 27.

• Haha 1

I don't think people realize how much of a huge deal this is:

Now foreign clients are going to be left holding the bag because no doubt Russians will sell when it opens. and it'll be worthless. Investing in Russia is going to be too much risk for years to come. 

• Like 1

Just a reminder that

this man should absolutely not have the job he currently has.

He is directly saying "Hey, is starting WWIII here worthwhile" but trying to crouch it in language that doesn't actually make clear what he is saying.  He does come close, for once, by saying "risk, everything".

But this is a dude with a massive platform on Twitter and his "I'm just concerned here" schtick is massively irresponsible.

===

Thankfully, as Josh Marshall put it...

This is a massive tragedy.  Putin and the folks responsible need to suffer.  But not by starting WW 3.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just a reminder that

this man should absolutely not have the job he currently has.

He is directly saying "Hey, is starting WWIII here worthwhile" but trying to crouch it in language that doesn't actually make clear what he is saying.  He does come close, for once, by saying "risk, everything".

But this is a dude with a massive platform on Twitter and his "I'm just concerned here" schtick is massively irresponsible.

===

Thankfully, as Josh Marshall put it...

This is a massive tragedy.  Putin and the folks responsible need to suffer.  But not by starting WW 3.  

• Like 1

Russia has closed it's stock Market for a week. Like that is going to change anything. The economic bloodbath when it reopens is going to be massive.

Looks as if the Russian economy is in freefall.  Putin's plans to "sanction proof" the Russian Economy seems to be working out as well as his other plans....

Edited by dudalb