Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

And  amid the Musk fuss, let us not forget that Crypto Currency suffered a horrid collpase last week, a couple of Crypto  billionaires were wiped out.

I am getting some joy out of this since I had to sit through that Matt Damon pro crypto commericial at every damn movie I went to this time last year.

Fortune Favors the Brave, Indeed. It also punished the stupid, and if you put a lot of money into Crypto you were stupid.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

And  amid the Musk fuss, let us not forget that Crypto Currency suffered a horrid collpase last week, a couple of Crypto  billionaires were wiped out.

I am getting some joy out of this since I had to sit through that Matt Damon pro crypto commericial at every damn movie I went to this time last year.

Fortune Favors the Brave, Indeed. It also punished the stupid, and if you put a lot of money into Crypto you were stupid.

I think we are seeing as traditonal social mobility has sort of dried in North America a lot of  young people went into crypto, real estate and meme stocks.

Yeah  lot of them were people with money to burn but sadly a lot avg people got involved and now got thier savings burned. 

A lot of of young people work jobs before that could support a family or buy a nice suburban house and now stuck in a shoe box lol 

Its making people take wild risks.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Verrows said:

Honestly, it's not like twitter wasn't a cesspool before Musk. As per usual in society nowadays, your perspective on it will be based on how you identify politically. 

I think a lot of peope sort of saw twitter as there safe space to just give sermons from the mount. These are people who generally were irrelevant in normal society but get a ton of social, political and cultural power on twitter. 

Even though Twitter pre Musk was a very toxic force in society they were happy as they could go on there and have a lot of influence.

Musk is now really fucking that up for them, hence the outrage.

if these people left twitter, it be very hard to recreate that influence on other apps. 

• Like 1

When the Hallmark Channel is too woke for you...

Still, the move has come with a great deal of controversy, with her telling [Wall Street Journal] that Hallmark is “basically is a completely different network than when I started because of the change of leadership.” (The network, in turn, commented, “We want all viewers to see themselves in our programming and everyone is welcome.”)

While Hallmark is doing a strong push for more LGBTQ+ storylines — their first original holiday movie focused on a same-sex couple debuts next month — that won’t be happening at Great American Family, Bure said.

“I think that Great American Family will keep traditional marriage at the core,” she said. Abbott added, “It’s certainly the year 2022, so we’re aware of the trends.

The Great American Family/Country channel has been around for a year and the ratings are anemic. Maybe they think saying the quiet part out loud will help...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • ...wtf 1

On 11/11/2022 at 6:18 PM, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Fun fact about me; I track music numbers (sales, touring data) in much the same I do box office data. With that being said, here is the Avengers: Endgame of tours :worthy:

I’ve had a tab open waiting to get tickets for my sister and cousin for almost 2 hours…

On 11/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Fun fact about me; I track music numbers (sales, touring data) in much the same I do box office data. With that being said, here is the Avengers: Endgame of tours :worthy:

I was right. I spent 6 hours in a queue between crashes today. This was the concert version of Endgame presales! 

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The Great American Family/Country channel has been around for a year and the ratings are anemic. Maybe they think saying the quiet part out loud will help...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol Article 5 is not being triggered over 1 missile(accident or not) and if it does then we deserve to start fresh with new monkeys

Yep.  As I said to my father earlier today...

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

This is not the last time something like this will happen.

*pause*

Russia better not make a habit of doing things like this, however.

Casus Belli this wasn't, in other words. Not remotely.  Only when it becomes clear that accidents are becoming "accidents", and maybe not even then.

---

As it was, it wasn't even Russia.  Probably:

Tragic accidents happen in war.  One of the many reasons to avoid them.

Quite an unfortunate incident of course but these two polish deaths are like, not even a percent of a percent of innocent lives lost to Putin’s territorial ambitions this year — and certainly not going to lead to any direct NATO combat. The bad outcome here is that aid to Ukraine is reduced and the good outcome is that it’s increased.

18 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

This is why middle children are always the best. I know from experience 😎

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Legion By Night said:

Quite an unfortunate incident of course but these two polish deaths are like, not even a percent of a percent of innocent lives lost to Putin’s territorial ambitions this year — and certainly not going to lead to any direct NATO combat. The bad outcome here is that aid to Ukraine is reduced and the good outcome is that it’s increased.

Support for Ukarine is till solid, clear they fired the SAM in self defense. Nato, Poland and the US saying Russia is clearly to blame since the Ukraine would not have fired the SAM if they were not being attacked by Russian missiles.

Russia is trying to drive a wedge over this, but made a huge mistake when they tried to bully Poland into condemning the Ukraine.

Bad move. Poland has no love for Russia; and ifor damn good reason if you know Polish History.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 2:53 AM, Porthos said:

Yep.  As I said to my father earlier today...

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

This is not the last time something like this will happen.

*pause*

Russia better not make a habit of doing things like this, however.

Casus Belli this wasn't, in other words. Not remotely.  Only when it becomes clear that accidents are becoming "accidents", and maybe not even then.

---

As it was, it wasn't even Russia.  Probably:

Tragic accidents happen in war.  One of the many reasons to avoid them.

And yet Zelensky and his friends are doubling down saying it was a Russian missile attack on Poland.  Lol, I get that he and his government are in full-on wartime propaganda mode for domestic reasons, but this isn't a good look for him when all his allies/backers are saying otherwise.  The behind the scenes conversations must be interesting right now.

Edited by Ozymandias