Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Know my brain is falling apart because I watched Rohmer's The Green Ray a couple days ago and all I've been thinking about for the past day is how Clint Eastwood's 15:17 to Paris is the American version of The Green Ray.

He's also the American Kiarostami :P

• Disbelief 1

Watched The Mothman Prophecies (2002) out of boredom to see if my thoughts on it have changed.

They have. It's grown on me. I used to despise the film. Mark Pellington's sense of lighting and direction really made the movie shine. I have developed an appreciation for it because of that.

As for my TV watching The Curse is my next show after I'm finished with Fellow Travelers (which I'm beginning tonight) but I just finished Lessons in Chemistry yesterday. Highly recommended if no one's watched it (it's on Apple so)! And Brie is great in it. Assuming her time with Marvel is now over I'd like to see her in intriguing projects like this again going forward.

• Like 1

TV SAG nominations: SAG Awards Nominations 2024: Full List (variety.com)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series

Matt Bomer – “Fellow Travelers”

Only just started the show last night but Emmy Winner let's goooo! (I assume Yeun will win here along with the Emmy next week, putting him out of the fall season)

Jeremy Strong snubbed (and in favor of Cox) is a shock. Maybe Kieran Culkin's repeating his win at the Globes and taking the Emmy next week (not complaining if that happens, the only possible spoiler in that category seems to be Pascal).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

As for my TV watching The Curse is my next show after I'm finished with Fellow Travelers (which I'm beginning tonight) but I just finished Lessons in Chemistry yesterday. Highly recommended if no one's watched it (it's on Apple so)! And Brie is great in it. Assuming her time with Marvel is now over I'd like to see her in intriguing projects like this again going forward.

I haven't finished The Curse yet, as it's probably one of the most uncomfortable shows I've ever watched.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

They also jacked up the monthly free recently.  I guess the giant money sinks Wheel of Time and Rings flopped that hard huh.

Yeah that's why. Definitely not corporate greed.