Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Throws Hands Up GIFs | Tenor

Apparently August 20 is the anniversary of their big wedding ceremony two years ago. Cold. No prenup is crazy, even if they both have money.

I'm nosy and checked her Instagram and she hasn't scrubbed him from it completely...yet. I guess since she can't erase the This Is Me...Now experience from existing, that there's really no point.

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Apparently August 20 is the anniversary of their big wedding ceremony two years ago. Cold. No prenup is crazy, even if they both have money.

I'm nosy and checked her Instagram and she hasn't scrubbed him from it completely...yet. I guess since she can't erase the This Is Me...Now experience from existing, that there's really no point.

I'm just amazed that their whirlwind of a romance actually restarted and is ending again two decades later. All in the same summer where her major tour was cancelled and his previous divorce was slyly referenced in one of the biggest movies ever.

The Venice Film Festival starting next week is probably hoping for some Brangelina buzz given that both Pitt and Jolie are debuting their new movies there and the personal beef between them these days (on top of that, the TV show based on their tabloid-selling blockbuster collaboration is up for a number of Emmys in a couple of weeks). And Donald Trump is everywhere in the news these days. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

• Like 1

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/verified-hot-honoring-the-films-with-the-highest-verified-audience-scores/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/new-rotten-tomatoes-score-badge-verified-hot-1235974680/

Watch Out Hollywood, Rotten Tomatoes Is Adding “Hot” Movies to Its “Fresh” Rankings
Movies that are 'Verified Hot' by filmgoers will join those that are 'Certified Fresh' from critics, in a move meant to give more weight to consumer opinions, as the site also tweaks its review eligibility requirements.

🙄

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm just amazed that their whirlwind of a romance actually restarted and is ending again two decades later. All in the same summer where her major tour was cancelled and his previous divorce was slyly referenced in one of the biggest movies ever.

The Venice Film Festival starting next week is probably hoping for some Brangelina buzz given that both Pitt and Jolie are debuting their new movies there and the personal beef between them these days (on top of that, the TV show based on their tabloid-selling blockbuster collaboration is up for a number of Emmys in a couple of weeks). And Donald Trump is everywhere in the news these days. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

I thought JLo canceled the tour because of weak sales and "family" was an excuse. I wonder if she's really done with marriage now or will she pull an Elizabeth Taylor and get hitched to some "civilian" in a few years?

It looks lIke Brad and Angelina's movie premieres are 3 days apart, plus his movie is our of competition and all but being dumped to AppleTV+ while hers comes to Venice with Oscar buzz.

It's been fascinating to watch the industry keep wholly embracing Brad, despite the allegations about that flight and that their kids are openly shunning him as soon as they get the chance. It doesn't feel like a Tom Cruise situation, where celebrities publicly gush but maybe their true sentiments about him are more guarded. No, Brad's Hollywood friendships have continued unabated, and if anything, it seems that he's better liked in the biz than Angie, and by a lot.

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/verified-hot-honoring-the-films-with-the-highest-verified-audience-scores/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/new-rotten-tomatoes-score-badge-verified-hot-1235974680/

Watch Out Hollywood, Rotten Tomatoes Is Adding “Hot” Movies to Its “Fresh” Rankings
Movies that are 'Verified Hot' by filmgoers will join those that are 'Certified Fresh' from critics, in a move meant to give more weight to consumer opinions, as the site also tweaks its review eligibility requirements.

🙄

So it's the "Certified Fresh" equivalent for audience scores. Honestly it's not the worst thing. Sometimes the Verified Audience score is great and people who don't like the movie in question still dismiss it as review bombing when it's clearly not. The TV audience scores will continue not to mean much.

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It's been fascinating to watch the industry keep wholly embracing Brad, despite the allegations about that flight and that their kids are openly shunning him as soon as they get the chance. It doesn't feel like a Tom Cruise situation, where celebrities publicly gush but maybe their true sentiments about him are more guarded. No, Brad's Hollywood friendships have continued unabated, and if anything, it seems that he's better liked in the biz than Angie, and by a lot.

I get the sense Jolie doesn't have many (or any?) friends in Hollywood these days and perhaps for a while since there was a quote not too long ago that made the rounds that made it sound like she was over the business in general (a byproduct of her personal life being the subject of intense media scrutiny rubbing off after 20-something years, perhaps). Not a surprise given how sparse her filmography has been lately (Maria will be only her seventh live-action movie appearance since 2010, even though some of that time was devoted to director ambitions that failed to take off, including a vanity project with Pitt while they were still together), but even if a sequel to it didn't seem more or less cancelled at this point, it's highly unlikely she would've returned for an Eternals 2. I was honestly shocked her character even survived to the end of that movie tbh, guess it would've been overkill to off both their screen legends after Hayek's bit the dust.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I thought JLo canceled the tour because of weak sales and "family" was an excuse. I wonder if she's really done with marriage now or will she pull an Elizabeth Taylor and get hitched to some "civilian" in a few years?

I still have a shot.

• Haha 2

Ben Affleck moving on (allegedly):

RFK Jr.'s daughter, named for her great-aunt Kathleen. Ben is 52 and Kick is 16 years younger, so of course there's been (some) unironic age gap discourse on social media (but more mocking of it, thankfully). Oh no, will someone please think of the vulnerable 36 year old teenager from a political dynasty... And this new romance has also led to another dead animal story resurfacing about her father (this time, a whale)!

But now, JLo filing papers on their wedding anniversary makes sense, along with the recent onslaught of negative Ben headlines from People Magazine, a total coincidence I'm sure...

Ben Affleck's 'Mood Swings' with 'Big Highs and Big Lows' Contributed to Divorce from Jennifer Lopez (Exclusive)

Ben Affleck 'Has Not Been in Touch' with Jennifer Lopez's Kids (Exclusive Source)

Ben Affleck 'Had Control' Over Documentary About Marriage to Jennifer Lopez: 'It Was His Idea' (Exclusive)

21 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

RFK Jr.'s daughter, named for her great-aunt Kathleen. Ben is 52 and Kick is 16 years younger, so of course there's been (some) unironic age gap discourse on social media (but more mocking of it, thankfully). Oh no, will someone please think of the vulnerable 36 year old teenager from a political dynasty... And this new romance has also led to another dead animal story resurfacing about her father (this time, a whale)!

:lol:

What the hilarious Cheryl Hines sees in him (besides being tethered to a political dynasty) is beyond me.

• Like 1