Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I like having Sirius XM radio and all but it wasn't cool that one time when like 3 stations were playing that song at the same time

My car doesn't have Sirius XM, so imagine the horror trying to find music when every channel is on a commercial break :ohmygod: I would listen to 3 Imagine Dragons songs in a row instead of dealing with ads :gold: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Wreck-It Ralph is also a sub-par movie because of the shut up and drive sequence.

Then TASM2 had that american idol guys song and that movie was trash.

Any pop song included in a movie (that isn’t smash mouth) ruins the movie and curses it to mediocrity.  It’s the Curse of Smash Mouth.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

All indie songs are potential commercial fodder nowadays.

i mean I GUESS but certain bands imagine dragons black keys i just listen to their music and i can't figure out why it would exist except for being in the background of a ford ad.

• Like 1

It's the anthem songs that the kids movies and commercials go for; which Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons have quite a few of. They don't really go for the moodier acts like Sufjan Stevens (whose songs are seemingly used very well in CMBYN) or synth-revival like CHVRCHES or Timecop1983.

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, tribefan695 said:

whose songs are seemingly used very well in CMBYN

is it a hot take for me to say i didn't think they were at all? found them very out of place since the rest of the music in that flick is classical but they throw sufjan in there a couple times at pretty random points. kinda threw me off.