Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You know that I have the biggest crush on Timmy, but I think he's in the wrong for signing up for the new Allen joint. Yeah, he's a young actor who needs work and to build his resume, but even before Me Too, Dylan Farrow's articles and pieces were still fresh and relevant. You would think Chalamet's agent would tell him to do a double take.

With luck, the movie will just disappear quickly and quietly into oblivion even faster than Wonder Wheel did (and that's saying something), hurting no one involved (but Allen of course).

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like the Franco stuff has dropped too late to prevent him from getting an Oscar nomination. Voting closes in just two days. Unless he does get nominated and they immediately rescind it.

Either way, this will most likely stall his career momentum.

Won’t win the Oscar anyway if he gets nominated.

5 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Won’t win the Oscar anyway if he gets nominated.

He wasn’t going to win the Oscar anyways?

And I’m confused at why he’s being outed.  Because an actress for his indie film read a script, signed a contract and years later decided to complain there was nudity in the movie she agreed to take a role in?

The penis thing is the only part that there might be a case but there’s barely any information.

We shouldn’t equate this to the outting on people like Spacey and Weinstein.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Greta Gerwig becomes the latest person to say they regret working with Woody Allen:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/greta-gerwig-says-she-regrets-working-woody-allen-1073523

Ugh why did Lil' Timmy Tim have to make his follow-up to his breakout year a film by him (one in which a main plotline is an affair between a young woman and an older man)? At least no one's gonna hold it against him due to his age (plus he made it before all of the recent stuff). The days when he used to get talent like Emma Stone or Scarlett Johansson on board definitely seem to be over though. Honestly don't know why anyone would be eager to sign on for his stuff considering his post-Blue Jasmine output anyway unless they really needed the money.

In response to Gerwig's statements, Sorkin said he doesn't "like seeing anyone get disappeared," but added that he doubted Spacey would "be able to find his way back, but I’m still rooting for a miraculous transformation."

WTF?!!!

My mom just called me and asked if I rented two movies off of Amazon this week.  I told her yes but how would she know.  She shares my account, but her credit card is listed on their as a separate from mine.   Turns out I forgot to change the payment method after her last order.

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

My mom just called me and asked if I rented two movies off of Amazon this week.  I told her yes but how would she know.  She shares my account, but her credit card is listed on their as a separate from mine.   Turns out I forgot to change the payment method after her last order.

I wish one of them was Hard to be a God. Would've loved to have seen you explain that movie to her. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dad: "I've been seeing a lot of ads for a new western coming out. You interested in it?"

Me: "Hostiles? Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing it next week."

Entertainment Studios is marketing this, at least :lol: 

What is their track record of living up to their studio name? :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The past few days in a nutshell:

Me: "I'll go see a movie later!"

Me ten minutes later:

GJg9Y.gif

I just want to stay home. Maybe on Saturday I'll just plow through three movies if showtimes work. idk

That's bad for your eyeballs.

Also, Coolio getting banned from the Samson over Black Panther club feels like a last minute effort from the mods to derail his Funniest Poster campaign. It's the Comey letter of the BOT. Pink might win via electoral college. 

• Haha 1