Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

He sent me a picture of his wrists bleeding. He has a relationship with this one girl (who lives in Indonesia) and her mom doesn’t want together due to his religion. I know most likely the relationship won’t work but I’m worried for him.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

1-800-273-8255

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am but I want to know what’s the next step to help after getting outside help.

2 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

This is about as far as you can go for a bit. Don't be thinking about what you will do afterwards right now; get him safe ASAP

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am but I want to know what’s the next step to help after getting outside help.

That's a good impulse, but it's the cart before the horse...

He sent a "cry for help" with those wrists...you need to help him get immediate help...if he won't listen to you, (as a likely minor), you'll need to tell his parents who would have to ability to get him help...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's a good impulse, but it's the cart before the horse...

He sent a "cry for help" with those wrists...you need to help him get immediate help...if he won't listen to you, (as a likely minor), you'll need to tell his parents who would have to ability to get him help...

I did also tell him to go see therapy as well. I’m sorry to everyone if I’m sounding stupid rn but I’m panicking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I did also tell him to go see therapy as well. I’m sorry to everyone if I’m sounding stupid rn but I’m panicking.

Deep breath - you're doing well.  You came here to get good advice and you're taking it.  You are doing what you can to help.  Don't worry how you sound - we all just want you to make sure your friend is okay.

I've been the "helper" called in to help before when a teen didn't know what to do in the same situation - trust me, adults will help you in a NY minute if they know what's going on - your job is to get them and let them...

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

You’re perfectly in the right to panic, get adults involved and encourage therapy, that’s the right decision!

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Nah, you're doing the right thing. He needs help and you're being a good friend trying to help him. 

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As long as you get adults involved you're doing the right thing. This isn't something anyone of your age should handle on their own.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4