Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I fully expect it to be good for a few episodes before going into the gutter like almost every musical-themed TV show from the past decade (Glee, Smash, Nashville, Empire) has.

I don’t know how it can.  It’s from Lin Manuel-Miranda @WrathOfHan

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Twin Peaks is the only time Showtime became relevant over the past 3-4 years.

The ratings though...really didn't reflect that :whosad:

Streams could have been thru the roof

Edited by MrPink

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol even Starz is more relevant than they are at this point. Used to be the other way around.

Starz had one a few weeks ago and I couldn’t figure out why.  I didn’t notice any new movies.  Unless it was a tv show they were showing.  But all I know of their shows were Spartacus that pirate one

Edited by DAR

Just now, DAR said:

Starz had one a few weeks ago and I couldn’t figure out why.  I didn’t notice any new movies.  Unless it was a tv show they were showing.  But all I know of their shows were Spartacus that pirate one

There's a new show with JK Simmons

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Starz had one a few weeks ago and I couldn’t figure out way.  I didn’t notice any new movies.  Unless it was a tv show they were showing.  But all I know of their shows were Spartacus that pirate one

They've been upping their original programming since the Disney contract expired (The Force Awakens was the last movie they got from them). They don't have any big water cooler hits other than I guess Outlander which has more of a very devout following than being a ratings monster.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They've been upping their original programming since the Disney contract expired (The Force Awakens was the last movie they got from them). They don't have any big water cooler hits other than I guess Outlander which has more of a very devout following than being a ratings monster.

Power does some pretty big numbers I believe, but obviously that's a little more concentrated towards certain demographics.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They still get Sony movies so expect Spider-Man:Homecoming and Jumanji to play for years 

Just now, MrPink said:

Power does some pretty big numbers I believe, but obviously that's a little more concentrated towards certain demographics.

Yeah, they're still looking for their Game of Thrones. Don't think American Gods caught on the way they thought it would (even if the first season was good stuff as @aabattery would say).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snappa said:

Guys, I need help. 

So there's this girl I've been texting and I feel like I messed up.

I told her that I would speak to her later then I texted her 5 hours later. She hasn't answered and it's been almost a day. I feel like I texted to often and it may have rubbed her the wrong way. It's been bothering me all day. I'm seeing black panther tomorrow but I can't get excited because this is bothering me so much. 

lol

After doing his Eng Lit homework my son went on a rant about the english language.  He decided to fix it himself.... a combination of changing a few rules and adding to the alphabet.  The result:

Autumn & Pixie â ruñï in θ park chasï kats. Θy â very qick. Θy â getï very tirè.  Moθr ś at home watλï televśó.  Θ sun ś setï & it ś getï dark.   Alex’s parës have xitè θ buildï. I añouncè φat I belψve φat it ś time φat Alex ξould come home & do hś homework.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

After doing his Eng Lit homework my son went on a rant about the english language.  He decided to fix it himself.... a combination of changing a few rules and adding to the alphabet.  The result:

Autumn & Pixie â ruñï in θ park chasï kats. Θy â very qick. Θy â getï very tirè.  Moθr ś at home watλï televśó.  Θ sun ś setï & it ś getï dark.   Alex’s parës have xitè θ buildï. I añouncè φat I belψve φat it ś time φat Alex ξould come home & do hś homework.

How close is my translation?

“Autumn and Pixie are running in the park chasing cats.  They are very quick.  They are getting very tired.  Mother is at home watching television.  The sun is setting and it’s getting dark.  Alex’s parents have exited the building.  I announce that I believe that it’s time that Alex should come home and do his homework.”

• Like 1