Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Wait what

I’m talking more from a narrative perspective.  She sort of spirals from this normal and relatable person, who is then faced with a crisis in the first episode (her depression), makes an impulsive decision, and then slowly starts spinning a giant web of lies to cover for herself.

She started as a character who seemed more like a hero with issues and all of the sudden you realize “woah I’m rooting for the villain in this show.”

Both shows are kind of centered on watching a narcissistic, educated, compulsive liar self-destruct.  Just one dramatically and one comedically.

Edited by The Mad Panda

3 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I’m talking more from a narrative perspective.  She sort of spirals from this normal and relatable person, who is then faced with a crisis in the first episode (her depression), makes an impulsive decision, and then slowly starts spinning a giant web of lies to cover for herself.

She started as a character who seemed more like a hero with issues and all of the sudden you realize “woah I’m rooting for the villain in this show.”

Both shows are kind of centered on watching a narcissistic, educated, compulsive liar self-destruct.  Just one dramatically and one comedically.

Oh okay, I figured you were gonna say something sensible, I just didn't make the immediate connection. :lol: 

At the risk of a very mild spoiler, I take it you've seen this musical number?

Edited by Telehilation
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Oh okay, I figured you were gonna say something sensible, I just didn't make the immediate connection. :lol: 

At the risk of a very mild spoiler, I take it you've seen this musical number?

The song that I actually realized the inspiration they had for the Rebecca character was actually Cold Showers (and that episode in general).  They had an option mid-season 1 to go the “crazy redemption” route or villain route and I think that’s the episode where you realize they go with the villain one (although it helps that most of the other main characters are also messed up people)

Havent seen it all yet and there will be a season 4, so they may go in a different direction than I’m anticipating.

Edited by The Mad Panda