Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

How do you come to that fishnets?

It`s made $628 mio OS off $95.4 mio weekend. So it should be able to pull over $100 mio weekly (7 days) for next week and close to that mark a week after. That`s conservatively $828 mio before Japan with still lots of steam left from holdovers. I can`t imagine TA bombing in Japan. Doesn`t compute. I mean, stranger things happened. TDK didn`t exactly set Japan on fire if I recall correctly. But TA is a different kind of SH, more to Japanese tastes.DS and Battleship which is fading OS obviously aren`t threats. Test is MI3. It may not seem anticiptaed domestically but you never know with OS. OST exploded OS while scoring the lowest OW and final gross of them all domestically.Also, if TA has a shot at the landmark, Disney will make it happen. I mena, c`mon, $1 billion OS is a matter of prestige. They should make it happen to twart WB`s aspirations to take the year with either TDKR or TH or both. Edited by fishnets

The Avengers isn't going to make much more than $30m in Japan.Aside from SM, superhero movies just don't do well there.

SH movies ddin`t do well OS in general until TA. None of SH movies ever came close to $600 mio OS and TA is smashing this. You are just worried that TA may deservedly win the year over your precious TH. Edited by fishnets

SH movies ddin`t do well OS in general until TA. None of SH movies ever came close to $600 mio OS and TA is smashing this. You are just worried that TA may deservedly win the year over your precious TH.

Fishnets, seriously? Please. I liked TA a lot, and I honestly don't care which wins. The Avengers is doing incredible numbers, and I'm glad. So no, this has nothing to do with The Hobbit, at all.But you can't just say The Avengers is going to do huge numbers in Japan, when the past tells us it won't. Plus, we have a Japanese BO expert with us now, Corpse, who isn't expecting anything out of the ordinary for The Avengers.I hope it can break-out to SM level, but that doesn't look very likely.

just some mathematics, I am not saying it's likely to happen: OS it made 181.3 last 7 days, the week before 276.3 that's a drop of about 35%, with that drops it gets to 989problem in that simple calculation China+Russia were not open at beginning of the first week, various hollidays

I do agree with fishnets. If SPIDER-MAN made bank in Japan, the same will apply to THE AVENGERS. At the point this gets to Japan, it'll be at least the 3rd most grossing movie ever, if not the 2nd and even more insane close to the 1st. This makes THE AVENGERS much more than a "superhero" movie, it makes an EVENT movie."But the past tells us that TDK wasn't a success". Well, this is different. This is very different. I don't know how well AVATAR was in Japan, but I can see it making similar numbers to that.

I do agree with fishnets. If SPIDER-MAN made bank in Japan, the same will apply to THE AVENGERS. At the point this gets to Japan, it'll be at least the 3rd most grossing movie ever, if not the 2nd and even more insane close to the 1st. This makes THE AVENGERS much more than a "superhero" movie, it makes an EVENT movie.

"But the past tells us that TDK wasn't a success". Well, this is different. This is very different. I don't know how well AVATAR was in Japan, but I can see it making similar numbers to that.

Sth like 180m, so you can forget about t.

As far as I know Rio was never released in Japan (only on DVD) http://www.imdb.com/...562/releaseinfo

some people have other tastes

maybe Rio2 will go gangbusters in Japan

I don't know how I could help you, I've never watched Rio. And I don't think I ever will haha. :lol:

TA isn`t behaving like a typical SH movie OS that`s for sure. This is HP/POTC/LOTR level. So I don`t see why japan would be such a huge exception to already broken rule.

Yeah I don't understand why some people on the boards are insisting to treat THE AVENGERS like just another SH movie. It isn't. It has proven this already, and it will keep doing it, until you all realize how wrong your assumptions are. :lol:

I do agree with fishnets. If SPIDER-MAN made bank in Japan, the same will apply to THE AVENGERS. At the point this gets to Japan, it'll be at least the 3rd most grossing movie ever, if not the 2nd and even more insane close to the 1st. This makes THE AVENGERS much more than a "superhero" movie, it makes an EVENT movie."But the past tells us that TDK wasn't a success". Well, this is different. This is very different. I don't know how well AVATAR was in Japan, but I can see it making similar numbers to that.

I love your optimism but unfortunately Japan's BO is weak recently...I expect $25m-$30m, but I hope for more, after all the movie beat the expectations in many countries.