Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

It's already 3 weeks in release, the numbers are not gonna go up by a whole lot, maybe 30%?Whoa, i didn't know (or forgot) ROTK destroyed DH2 in Spain and beat it in Italy and Germany without 8 years of inflation and 3D. Makes me wonder what Hobbit can do...

Exactly. ROTK is the third highest grossing movie in the history here (just behind Avatar and Titanic) and sixth in attendance (6.8 million tickets). Spain really love Tolkien: TTT had 6.4 million admissions, and FOTR had 7 million. The better exchange rate in 2003 did ROTK to be the higher grosser of trilogy. With today prices, 3D, today euro-dollar rate exchange and if we consider, for instance, a 30% drop attendance, The Hobbit is headed to make, at least, 50 million here.You've been talking about the Spanish situation and its influence on box office. It's obvious that box ofice has fallen last years. We have a 24% unemployment rate. But the problem is bigger if you look at the youth people, who are the main market for big blockbusters like TA. The youth people unemployment rate is 52%. That's insupportable. They can't go to movies. It's just impossible. But there are some "special movies" that are immune to crisis. The usual blockbusters are obviously grossing less, but that special movies like Avatar (110 million) or movies headed to an adult public like Intouchables, that has already grossed 20 million, are not affected. Even Tintin or Puss in boots grossed between 22 and 25 million 6 months ago, which are still remarkable grosses.The Avengers? it has already grossed 15 million. It could end with 20. If you want to compare with other SH movies, Spiderman (23 million), Spiderman 2 (18), Fantastic Four (15), Spiderman 3 (24), TDK (16), Hancock (26), Thor (12). I think we can consider 20 million a good number, having into account the situation.

I don't think it's fair to compare the final run of those movies with the initial numbers of TA. I'd really like to see the second week numbers for AVATAR for example. Besides, looking to the DH2 numbers, TA looks pretty big, after what, three weeks been released?

OK. In Spain, after 3rd weekend (I will only give you remarkable recent movies that could be affected in the same way by crisis like TA) - Avatar (44 million), Tintin (20), PIrates 4 (19), Thor (11), DH2 (19), Rise of the planet of the apes (14), Captain America (7)

The movie seems promising, why do you want it to crash?

I don`t want it to crash. I just don`t want it to be Top 3, or, preferably Top 5. Big difference. I`m sick of Jackson and his bullshit. I love the book but he is really fucking up the movies with his awful juvenile humor that panders to lowest common denominator, nonsensical additional plot points and he always casts some Z-list actors whose acting I don`t find inspiring at all. I thought that LOTR cast sucked in general save few saving graces but most perforemnces were just forgettable or plain bad. So judging by the description of the footage, this is a cross between The Hobbit (good parts), Narnia and HP (bad parts). Fuck that.I`m not a purist but stuff he and those harpies made-up was infinitely inferior to what they filmed when sticking closely to the source in LOTR and judging by that sizzle reel, same goes for TH. Oh, and KK was at its worse during all the scenes that were their fiction. TLB...well, the book was attrocious and the movie was just as bad in its own right despite taking liberties (which should have improved that drek but strangely didn`t). Edited by fishnets

The Lord of the Rings is an INCREDIBLE series of films. I'm sorry you don't see that.

And i`m sorry that you don`t see problems that are getting bigger and bigger as PJ makes more movies. Strong source kept them in check some in LOTR what but KK was weak because they invented 1/2 of the movie and all of it was horrid filler and missing the point of the original movie and TLB is disaster of a special calibre because at that point, they really thought they can do everything better than the source and obsession with SFX reached Lucasian levels and even exceeded it. Funny, though, he ahd the strongest cast in TLB yet they gave career worst performences save Ronan who was good but had nothing to do except look sad or angushed while gazing in the distance from her fake gazeboo.

admisions 2011 95m -> 2003 137.5m

Ok, in admissions you're right. But this is box office. Believe me, I really wish the lists were about admissions, but they aren't. The box office was 639.43 million euros in 2003 and 662.31 million in 2010 (I don't have 2011 official numbers) That's about a 5% increase. The exchange rate increased a 15% between 2003 and 2010. Adding those factors, that's a 17% in dollars increase till 2010 (I have made the calculation). Even with a drop last 2 years of a about a 5% each year, it would be a 7% in dollars increase respect to 2003. That's the number we look in box office, dollars. So today, Spain is still a better market than 9 years ago...

I love King Kong. I guess I just really did PJ's style.

I guess you do. It`s OK. I hate it, seriously. And this is from a major HC and FOTR fan. IMO, LOTR completely pushed him into a safe zone and PJ brand way of thinking. I mean, look at dwarves design. They are so OTT different from one another they don`t even feel like they belong to the same race or band. All because he wants more action figures. he doesn`t see a character but action figure for WETA Sideshow to make and sell. That won`t last forever, though. he`s protected by TH`s bult-in fandom but there will be a big movie that won`t sustain that bullshit and will take him down. Just watch it. TLB was close but it didn`t cost like JC although it was much costlier than Paramount admitted.

Ok, in admissions you're right. But this is box office. Believe me, I really wish the lists were about admissions, but they aren't. The box office was 639.43 million euros in 2003 and 662.31 million in 2010 (I don't have 2011 official numbers) That's about a 5% increase. The exchange rate increased a 15% between 2003 and 2010. Adding those factors, that's a 17% in dollars increase till 2010 (I have made the calculation). Even with a drop last 2 years of a about a 5% each year, it would be a 7% in dollars increase respect to 2003. That's the number we look in box office, dollars. So today, Spain is still a better market than 9 years ago...

I did not realize how much the Spanish loved LotR

I did not realize how much the Spanish loved LotR

Well, I think in your location, Austria, you have similar tastes. ROTK grossed nearly 10 million. I've only seen Avatar and Ice age 3 grossing more since then (correct me if I'm wrong). TA has grossed 2 million. Where it can land, 3 million? maybe 4? I don't know if Austria likes superheroes or don't, but that's still a very huge difference.

IMO, LOTR completely pushed him into a safe zone and PJ brand way of thinking. I mean, look at dwarves design. They are so OTT different from one another they don`t even feel like they belong to the same race or band. All because he wants more action figures. he doesn`t see a character but action figure for WETA Sideshow to make and sell.

Complete bullshit. The dwarves are distinct to make it easier for the audience to tell them apart.