Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

TH, TASM, IA4 and TDKR are all locks to beat TA WW to me.And if BD2 does 350M + 500M, then it has a chance to outgross TA too.And we still have wild cards like MIB3, SWATH, Prometheus, Skyfall IMO, these all could hit 800M WW.

Edited by firedeep

Breaking Dawn 2 has absolutely no chance at 350M. I don't think it hits 300M.BD1 is where most of the major events in the book take place that would excite fans and it barely reached a 2.0 multiplier.

Edited by Magic

BD

TH, TASM, IA4 and TDKR are all locks to beat TA WW to me.

And if BD2 does 350M + 500M, then it has a chance to outgross TA too.

And we still have wild cards like MIB3, SWATH, Prometheus, Skyfall IMO, these all could hit 800M WW.

Ohhhh. Forgot about Skyfall. Depends on the OS gross because the domestic gross is pretty consistent for the franchise. Still expect TA to win due to the 3D advantage. Edited by Magic

Breaking Dawn 2 has absolutely no chance at 350M. I don't think it hits 300M.BD1 is where most of the major events in the book take place that would excite fans and it barely reached a 2.0 multiplier.

Yeah. I'm thinking 285m.

I think you're making the same mistake some of us did for Potter. Do not underestimate strength of the fandom. BD2 might well become the top grossing Twilight film.

I think you're making the same mistake some of us did for Potter. Do not underestimate strength of the fandom. BD2 might well become the top grossing Twilight film.

We expected the increase for Potter. We just don't see one for this. It could increase OS a bit though.

TH, TASM, IA4 and TDKR are all locks to beat TA WW to me.And if BD2 does 350M + 500M, then it has a chance to outgross TA too.And we still have wild cards like MIB3, SWATH, Prometheus, Skyfall IMO, these all could hit 800M WW.

Avengers will do 900M minimum. So IA4 is not a lock. TH, TASM and TDKR are though.And nothing else will hit 800M (Skyfall might have an outside chance), let alone beat Avengers.I think this will finish #2-3 DOM, #5-6 OS and #4-5 WW.

I once had JC, Battleship, Wrath, Titanic all over 400M. But they all bombed to the 200M+ range. The OS markets are in low trend now.

They all had mixed WOMs. Avengers's will be outstanding.

And OS markets are not in low trend, you were just overpredicting. JC and Battleship performed according to my expectations, Wrath underperformed and Titanic overperformed.

On April 27, Marvel Studio's The Avengers, which is distributed by UTV Motion Pictures is going to hit 800 Indian screens. It will also be dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu – that's even wider than Avatar, till now the biggest Hollywood blockbuster here.

Explaining the strategy behind such a wide release for an English movie, Mr Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO, UTV Motion Pictures says, “In India, super hero movies, creature movies or disaster movies are popular and cut across both the big and small centres.”

I expect ~4M opening.

They all had mixed WOMs. Avengers's will be outstanding.And OS markets are not in low trend, you were just overpredicting. JC and Battleship performed according to my expectations, Wrath underperformed and Titanic overperformed.

dont want to over predict anymore. 400M is safe.

On April 27, Marvel Studio's The Avengers, which is distributed by UTV Motion Pictures is going to hit 800 Indian screens. It will also be dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu – that's even wider than Avatar, till now the biggest Hollywood blockbuster here.

Explaining the strategy behind such a wide release for an English movie, Mr Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO, UTV Motion Pictures says, “In India, super hero movies, creature movies or disaster movies are popular and cut across both the big and small centres.”

I expect ~4M opening.

On 800 screens is already the biggest debute in India ?