Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

I see some people compare Avengers to Transformers 3 and say Avengers could post a similar increase in OS numbers.I just like to point out that the very same "logic" was used to justify ridiculous domestic predictions for Iron Man 2. The common consensus on BOM forums was that since Iron Man was considered a vastly superior franchise, IM2 should have easily done TF2 numbers domestically and more.We all know how it turned out. ;)

I still don't get it, why this is more than IM3.

Because there are Thor, Hulk and Captain America in it? And the ensemble could bring in many casual viewers who otherwise wouldn't have gone to any movie with one particular superhero.

Fact is, all major franchises, whether it be Transformers, HP, Ice Age or Pirates, did much better than expected overseas when they went 3D. So 3D doesn't only boost the gross with premium, but apparently boosts the admissions itself.Avengers will be no exception.

Because there are Thor, Hulk and Captain America in it? And the ensemble could bring in many casual viewers who otherwise wouldn't have gone to any movie with one particular superhero.

Do you have an examle to support this "the whole is more than the sum of its parts"-theory. Is there a movie with atleast 2 main chracters that have performed better than before seperatey? Edited by Rudolf

Do you have an examle to support this "the whole is more than the sum of its parts"-theory. Is there a movie with atleast 2 main chracters that have performed better than before seperatey?

Alien Vs. Predator

Freddy Vs. Jason

Both movies performed way better than the movies right before them in all 4 franchises and Freddy Vs. Jason is the best performer in both Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street series. [Even adjusted its 2nd in F13 and still 1st in Elm street].

Edited by Shantal

Do you have an examle to support this "the whole is more than the sum of its parts"-theory. Is there a movie with atleast 2 main chracters that have performed better than before seperatey?

Actually Avengers is in an unique position. There is no precedent.The closest I can think of is FF. It brought together various cast members from different movies, and that helped its gross significantly.

I wonder if this will get a 2D release in markets where movies are usually shown in 3D only. Did Transformers 3 get a 2D release everywhere?

7 days before OD, not a single 2D screen has opend for ticket sales here in Denmark..Only 3D ones.. I think they are doing that to MAX OW numbers...

Except for Spiderman, superheroes movies doesn't surpass 3 million admissions in France, more than 3 millions would very surprising, but I hope for a surprise.

But this is a ûbersuperhero movie IMO with no strong competition..I think it will go over 3 mill

But this is a ûbersuperhero movie IMO with no strong competition..I think it will go over 3 mill

I hope you're right, but I don't feel a strong excitement about the movie here.France never has been a great fan of this kind of movies.But I hope I'm wrong!

I hope you're right, but I don't feel a strong excitement about the movie here.France never has been a great fan of this kind of movies.But I hope I'm wrong!

I hope you´re wrong too.is it not possible to "track" ticket sales in france. Check booking sites ect to get an idea?? Edited by fmpro