Fake

MIB 3 OS Thread (close to $400M!)

did it open in japan?

Yeah it made 8 million

132M is not a good opening at all, considering it opened in 104 markets and almost no more left.Just remember when John Carter and Battleship opened, you all said it was GOOD too. Now look ...

Yes but MIB should have better legs considering the WOM, and drops in Europe should be a bit softer next week since the good weather will be closer to normal and people would theoretically go to the movies again.

why such pessimism? I heard that a heatwave greatly hindered moviegoing in Europe this weekend so it is possible MIB3 did not reach its full potential there. It's possible all these films can make up for lost business

but there are gonna be new releases it will have to compete with

but there are gonna be new releases it will have to compete with

I don't much competition besides Snow White (which I don't think will do as good as people think) and Prometheus (which is more sci fi horror so it is not really appealing to most of the same people I think)

I don't much competition besides Snow White (which I don't think will do as good as people think) and Prometheus (which is more sci fi horror so it is not really appealing to most of the same people I think)

Snow White should do pretty good in Europe because it skews female and is released during the Euro.

132M is not a good opening at all, considering it opened in 104 markets and almost no more left.Just remember when John Carter and Battleship opened, you all said it was GOOD too. Now look ...

Excellent point! I also think legs for this will be no good. Like BS and John Carter its biggest markets are Russia and Asia - very frontloaded markets.

Your primary prediction was too unpractical.The Asian markets aren't big enough now.We have to wait for 2 more years.

Excellent point! I also think legs for this will be no good. Like BS and John Carter its biggest markets are Russia and Asia - very frontloaded markets.

Russia is very frontloaded but Asia isn't and Japan is by far the least frontloaded of the big markets.

The weather probably effected its performance in Europe but this isn't a good opening for a 250m budget movie. It needs some good holds but competition will rise in the coming weeks. We 'll see what happens.

Edited by acab