A Marvel Fanboy

Battleship OS thread

11 AM: The importance of the international box office for Hollywood has never been more evident than in these weeks leading up to the official May 1st start of the summer movie season. Universal’s 2D Battleship doesn’t open in the U.S. until May 18th but it’s having another strong week at the overseas box office where its month-early debut in 28 international territories and China now bring the film’s total worldwide estimate to $72.2M and close to $100M through Sunday. Pic now opens in 24 territories. Russia opens today and early estimates predict $2.1M for the day (equal to Fast Five‘s opening day). The film released in China Wednesday and grossed an estimated $3 million on its first day for the studio’s best opener in that country (ahead of Fast Five‘s $1.7M first day which was also a Wednesday).

http://www.deadline...._medium=twitter

Edited by RihannaNavy

In France opened 9 days ago!

I know, but this DHD number is a cume number, so for France it would be 12 days indeed. Okay, not "two weeks" as I wrote... But it's still meh. It will be number two in France this full week, but the opening was just okay and nothing special. It wasn't a huge hit from the beginning.

Something like 330 mio worldwide in the end?Why shouid it be huge domestic if people in the USA learn it was no more than "meh" overseas?

Does that interest an American moviegoer?There are very few examples of a blockbuster opening on a big scale OS before DOM. I only remember IM2.

Does that interest an American moviegoer?There are very few examples of a blockbuster opening on a big scale OS before DOM. I only remember IM2.

Its 1st weekend can't beat avengers' 3rd one!