A Marvel Fanboy

Battleship OS thread

Compare it to JC and it is a small success, compare it to TF and it dissapointed.

It's going to finish with around 200M OS total (the same as John Carter), and less than 100M domestically. The film's production budget is 250M. I don't see by what measure this can be considered a success.

Dropping 75% everywhere? The weekend has barely started yet! This ridiculous. People want this to fail so bad that they are willing to spin everyhthing. Not to mention there is still countries like Brazil and Mexico yet to open. I remember similar comments against films like Pirates 4 And Transformers 3 last year. People acting like those movies would stop making money when other big movies opened. And how the hell do you know If it will finish with less than 100m domestic? You don't

Edited by Shriekofthevulture

And how the hell do you know If it will finish with less than 100m domestic? You don't

It's reasonable to assume this will open below J.I. Joe, because unlike JI Joe this has no fanbase in America. And with plenty of competition coming from from MIB3 and TA, not to mention the toxic WOM it's going to get, legs won't be good.

It's reasonable to assume this will open below J.I. Joe, because unlike JI Joe this has no fanbase in America. And with plenty of competition coming from from MIB3 and TA, not to mention the toxic WOM it's going to get, legs won't be good.

no proof it is going to get toxic WOM. You are biased to the extreme