A Marvel Fanboy

Battleship OS thread

a 55% drop seems totally normal for a big blockbuster film and the article says the film is still holding well in many countries. I don't know where it will end up but it seems some people want this to do bad therefore will try to make it look like its gross is worse than it really is

I think its still possible. Battleship isn't fighting for 3D screens so TA coming along is just normal summer competition.

Battleship is still fighting for screens with TA. This isn't N.America where theaters are either multiplexes or megaplexes. Most theaters are small with only 6 or 7 screens. Battleship will drop heavily next weekend.

The OS love for Battleship astonishes me, that is like Americans watching a miltary parade on Red Square in Moskow.

I don't think this is any different than other Hollywood with the American army, of which there are many, or James Bond doing well outside Britain. I don't think OS audiences were ever bothered with this.

6 or 7 screens is still quite a lot.

Not really no. Not for a big movie like this which will command 3 or 4 screens. And that is only counting 3D. If it is showing in 2D, it will take away another screen leaving only 1 or 2 screens to share with 10-15 films including Battleship.

I don't think this is any different than other Hollywood with the American army, of which there are many, or James Bond doing well outside Britain. I don't think OS audiences were ever bothered with this.

From the trailers I got the impression of a parade of military equipment unlike in other movies.

Not really no. Not for a big movie like this which will command 3 or 4 screens. And that is only counting 3D. If it is showing in 2D, it will take away another screen leaving only 1 or 2 screens to share with 10-15 films including Battleship.

Most multiplexes in Australia (Sydney at least) have that many screens.