That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Looks like Coco has another level of WOM, don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I'm starting to think it beating Moana's 5-day is a possibility. Box office really looking up the past few weeks, even with JL's underperformance.

Watch it go crazy and somehow beat Frozen’s record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Suffering

Like Emoji level suffering or it is just bland? I’m seeing Coco but I’m wondering whether or not to get food before the showing and just skip the short.

Edited by YourMother

Btw I finally saw Pixar's TGD this past weekend. I actually liked it. Easy 7/10 for me. Not sure why it didn't do so well (I wasn't following it then). Was the marketing non-existent?

Only personal criticism I could maybe think of is that it felt a little "dark" for a Pixar film.

Edited by Jordanstine
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Btw I finally saw Pixar's TGD this past weekend. I actually liked it. Easy 7/10 for me. Not sure why it didn't do so well (I wasn't following it then). Was the marketing non-existent?

Only personal criticism I could maybe think of is that it felt a little "dark" for a Pixar film.

The marketing was utterly mediocre and the film looked off for a lot of people including me. Like, the backgrounds and the environment looked fantastic but the dinosaurs...ughh not so much. They felt as if they woundt belong in the world around them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Looks like Coco has another level of WOM, don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I'm starting to think it beating Moana's 5-day is a possibility. Box office really looking up the past few weeks, even with JL's underperformance. There's a lot of depth right now than we've had in awhile.

Agree, but think it'll be the 3-day where it really turns it up.

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

FOLLOWING MOANA:

2.3M (Tues.)

11.4M (13.7M OD)

8.77M (Thurs.)

19.3M (Fri.)

18.9M (Sat.)

12M (Sun.)

72.67M FIVE DAY (50.2M OW)

Slightly more frontloaded than Moana it appears.  Hmmm....

2.3M

10.2M (12.5M OD)

7.84M

17.2M

16.8M

10.6M

64.94M 5-day, 44.6M OW.  Same 5-day multi as Moana gets it to 196M.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-justice-league-wonder-thanksgiving-box-office-1202213755/

$12.5M for Coco 

$47M/$68M for both Coco and JL ($10.5M Friday for the latter

$26.5M/$37M for Wonder

$17.5M/$25M for Thor 

That 10.5 number is for Wednesday for JL not Friday. Which would be a -1% drop from Tuesday which is not good seeing that FB/MJ both increased by 17-20%

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

That 10.5 number is for Wednesday for JL not Friday. Which would be a -1% drop from Tuesday which is not good seeing that FB/MJ both increased by 17-20%

Considering it's 1pm on the West coast, I think we should take these numbers as very rough projections.

• Like 9

Just now, WondeRoc said:

Considering it's 1pm on the West coast, I think we should take these numbers as very rough projections.

Oh I totally expect numbers to rise for all movies including JL. Deadline lowballed it on Monday too and they could be doing that today as well. But compared to other movies it still is a troubling outlook

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-justice-league-wonder-thanksgiving-box-office-1202213755/

$12.5M for Coco 

$47M/$68M for both Coco and JL ($10.5M Friday for the latter

$26.5M/$37M for Wonder

$17.5M/$25M for Thor 

Also:

$13.5M/$19M for Orient Express

$13.5M/$18M for Daddy's Home 2

$4.5M/$6.2M for 3 Billboards

$4.1M/$5.7M for Roman Israel

$3.4M/$4.6M for Lady Bird

• Like 1