That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

32 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Unless there's some announcement saying otherwise that I just happen to have missed, I'd bet that Fox will hold Three Billboards back from a 2,000-theater release until Oscar nominations are announced in January.

They're expanding to 800-900 theaters next weekend, I dont know how much wider it's going to go in December. 

Just realized Coco is only Pixar's 2nd movie out of their last 8 to have an average score over 8.0 on RT. Kind of crazy considering before then nearly every movie they released pulled 8.5+, and they all pulled at least 8.0 except Cars. Truly an unprecedented quality streak in animation. 

Edited by MovieMan89

22 minutes ago, mredman said:

There you go with an immature mocking again, how many posts has it now been 100 ? oh and you realize Deadline is lowballing again right. they did it only for JL on monday too with 6-7 million.

7M wasn't too far off from the actual. Variety is backing Deadline too.

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Variety:

Coco 12m Wed/70m 
JL: 10,3m Wed/60-65m 
Wonder: 37m 

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-coco-justice-league-thanksgiving-1202621786/

Wow thats even lower than Deadline for Coco and JL. Although their 5 days projection for Coco (70m) is higher than deadlines 68m and their projection for JL (60-65m) is lower than Deadlines 68m. Pretty much same on Wonder though

Edited by ZeeSoh

JL isn't going down. it's a 1.30PM Update, that is 200k lower than Deadline. Keeping in mind, that the article has to be written first and that numbers probably aren't completely real time, we are talking about an estimate, that includes 12.30 PM shows on the WC. 

That means nothing.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Seriously lay off it.

There’s nothing so far to indicate that it’s following CF

There's nothing indicating it's following anything :lol: It had a big Tuesday increase yet might decrease today, which is practically unheard of for a new release on Thanksgiving week. Catching Fire showed some frontloading over Thanksgiving, so I think it's a somewhat fair comp.

50 minutes ago, mredman said:

There you go with an immature mocking again, how many posts has it now been 100 ? oh and you realize Deadline is lowballing again right. they did it only for JL on monday too with 6-7 million.

We all use early estimates to make a premature guess no matter how low or high. No exceptions are made.