That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 minute ago, WondeRoc said:

Considering it's 1pm on the West coast, I think we should take these numbers as very rough projections.

West Coast also has the highest Latino population in the US, so if it appeals to this audience, we should see it reflected when West Coast numbers come in

• Like 5

For the box offices's sake, im rooting for both Orient Express and Daddys Home 2 to cross 100M. With Wonder breaking out big time though, that seems to be unlikely now, unless they both dont totally collapse post-Thanksgiving. I dont think they will benefit too much from the Christmas weeks as their theater count will drop.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

The marketing was utterly mediocre and the film looked off for a lot of people including me. Like, the backgrounds and the environment looked fantastic but the dinosaurs...ughh not so much. They felt as if they woundt belong in the world around them.

Maybe the dinosaurs in Pixar’s ”The Good Dinosaur” were more cartoony-looking than the more realistic-looking ones in Disney’s ”Dinosaur” from 2000.

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Oh I totally expect numbers to rise for all movies including JL. Deadline lowballed it on Monday too and they could be doing that today as well. But compared to other movies it still is a troubling outlook

Not necessarily. The effect of Cheap Tuesday is more pronounced. And that could mean that we might see smaller jumps than expected for Wednesday. A more informative comparison is probably how the Wednesday number relates to the Monday number.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WondeRoc said:

Not necessarily. The effect of Cheap Tuesday is more pronounced. And that could mean that we might see smaller jumps than expected for Wednesday. A more informative comparison is probably how the Wednesday number relates to the Monday number.

I was actually comparing to other movies out right now which seems to have jumps anywhere from 7-15%. I was not comparing to movies from previous years

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Maybe the dinosaurs in Pixar’s ”The Good Dinosaur” were more cartoony-looking than the more realistic-looking ones in Disney’s ”Dinosaur” from 2000.

Both movies looked weird because of the CGI-real enviroments combo. They were also both pretty lame so that didn't help either.

Just now, Joel M said:

Both movies looked weird because of the CGI-real enviroments combo. They were also both pretty lame so that didn't help either.

I wont tolerate any mocking of Dinosaur (2000). That fucking thing was a big part of my childhood along with The Land Before Time and Jurassic Park.

• Thanks 1

Very good start for Coco.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL JUSTICE LEAGUE :hahaha:  I knew this would've been a victim of Discount Tuesday, but I didn't expect a decrease. Jesus.

Coco hurt Wonder and DH2 a little but, but that's still good for both.

Very good for Thor/OE

That's INSANE for Three Billboards :ohmygod: Good for Lady Bird too; hopefully both can get 2k theaters in early December

Whatever for Roman Israel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I wont tolerate any mocking of Dinosaur (2000). That fucking thing was a big part of my childhood along with The Land Before Time and Jurassic Park.

I honestly remember the McDonald's Happy Meal toys from that movie more than the movie itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If JL follows Fantastic Beasts:

10.5M

9.16M

17.6M

16.6M

11.7M

65.56M 5-day, 45.9M second weekend (-51.1%)

Wonder follows Edge of 17:

6M

4.32M

9.43M

10M

6.42M

36.17M 5-day, 25.85M second weekend (-6.16%)

Thor follows Doctor Strange:

4M

3.44M

7.03M

6.96M

3.63M

25.06M 5-day, 17.62M weekend (-18.7%)

MOTOE follows Arrival:

2.6M

2.74M

5.55M

5.53M

3.07M

19.49M 5-day, 14.15M weekend (+2.48%)

Daddy's Home follows Almost Christmas:

2.5M

3.39M

7.41M

7.6M

3.28M

24.18M 5-day, 18.29M weekend (+26.7%)

Three Billboards follows Loving:

2.14M

2.34M

1.42M

7.418M 5-day, 5.9M weekend (+435%)

Roman J. Israel follows Allied:

175k (previews)

625k (800k OD)

1.47M

1.47M

5.279M 5-day, 3.788M weekend (+6,010%)

Lady Bird follows Moonlight:

1.44M

1.52M

4.906M 5-day, 3.839M weekend (+52.6%)

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That's fair. I was around 14 years old when it came out and I think it was the first animation movie I've watched in my life that completely sucked from start to finish. It was almost a revelation.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Very good start for Coco.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL JUSTICE LEAGUE :hahaha:  I knew this would've been a victim of Discount Tuesday, but I didn't expect a decrease. Jesus.

Coco hurt Wonder and DH2 a little but, but that's still good for both.

Very good for Thor/OE

That's INSANE for Three Billboards :ohmygod: Good for Lady Bird too; hopefully both can get 2k theaters in early December

Whatever for Roman Israel.

Unless there's some announcement saying otherwise that I just happen to have missed, I'd bet that Fox will hold Three Billboards back from a 2,000-theater release until Oscar nominations are announced in January.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I honestly remember the McDonald's Happy Meal toys from that movie more than the movie itself.

Just now, Joel M said:

That's fair. I was around 14 years old when it came out and I think it was the first animation movie I've watched in my life that completely sucked from start to finish. It was almost a revelation.

In all honesty, i rewatched it like a year ago and its really not very good. The animation is so dated its not even funny and i actually rooted for the Carnotaurs to kill the Lemurs (and all the others too) because they were very, very annoying.

I will never not like it though. And this opening:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Unless there's some announcement saying otherwise that I just happen to have missed, I'd bet that Fox will hold Three Billboards back from a 2,000-theater release until Oscar nominations are announced in January.

A Descendants kind of expansion is likely I think. 

Just now, Brainbug said:

In all honesty, i rewatched it like a year ago and its really not very good. The animation is so dated its not even funny and i actually rooted for the Carnotaurs to kill the Lemurs (and all the others too) because they were very, very annoying.

I will never not like it though. And this opening:

I do agree that the opening really is unbelievable. I remember I had the Tarzan VHS, and this scene was used as a trailer, and I would watch it all the time because of how cool it looked.