That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

?

FB dropped 44.5% on Thanksgiving Sunday

Correct. That gives you 9.2 if the Saturday is 16.6. You gave it a mere 29.5% drop with your 11.7 number. Knew something was off in your calcs when you gave it a higher second weekend gross than FB in spite of the fact that it has a lower first Wednesday gross. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

A Descendants kind of expansion is likely I think. 

That's exactly the precedent I was thinking of. I'm still impressed that it ended up making over $80 million; even with Clooney and the Oscar hype, it's still a dramedy about death and infidelity.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

Unless there's some announcement saying otherwise that I just happen to have missed, I'd bet that Fox will hold Three Billboards back from a 2,000-theater release until Oscar nominations are announced in January.

The latest plan was 400-450 this weekend and 750-1,000 next weekend, but that obviously changed as it got 590 theaters this week. I'm expecting 1,200 minimum next weekend and could see them going all out with 2k next weekend or the 8th.

Roman Israel could get a couple hundred theaters, but the damage is done.
Lady Bird is a bit trickier to predict. It should hit 1k next weekend, but this isn't overly appealing to rural audiences similar to The Big Sick. It could get 1,500-2,000 based on how barren the market is. This is what my 12plex has:

JL x3

Coco x2

DH2 x2

Wonder

The Star
OE

Thor

Bad Moms

Daddy's Home sure as shit doesn't need two screens anymore, and three screens for JL is overkill. Midsize theaters have room to accommodate. 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Correct. That gives you 9.2 if the Saturday is 16.6. You gave it a mere 29.5% drop with your 11.7 number. Knew something was off in your calcs when you gave it a higher second weekend gross than FB in spite of the fact that it has a lower first Wednesday gross. 

I think I typed out the percentage drop incorrectly, whoops :lol: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Very good start for Coco.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL JUSTICE LEAGUE :hahaha:  I knew this would've been a victim of Discount Tuesday, but I didn't expect a decrease. Jesus.

Coco hurt Wonder and DH2 a little but, but that's still good for both.

Very good for Thor/OE

That's INSANE for Three Billboards :ohmygod: Good for Lady Bird too; hopefully both can get 2k theaters in early December

Whatever for Roman Israel.

There you go with an immature mocking again, how many posts has it now been 100 ? oh and you realize Deadline is lowballing again right. they did it only for JL on monday too with 6-7 million.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Could get 7 movies over 10m for the weekend which would be really nice to see. I don't even think that's happened one weekend this year. 

Coco, JL, Wonder, Thor, MOTOE, DH2 ...what's the 7th?

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Looks like Coco has another level of WOM, don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I'm starting to think it beating Moana's 5-day is a possibility. Box office really looking up the past few weeks, even with JL's underperformance. There's a lot of depth right now than we've had in awhile.

Wasn’t it’s preview to OD more frontloaded than Moana’s?

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Moana did $15.5m after $2.6m previews.

Why is Coco only doing $12m despite previews of only $300k less? 

:sparta:

Moana first update last year was for 13.5M.  Will have to see where Coco actually lands first

• Like 2