That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

Just now, That One Guy said:

My average...is...$133.4M with high end budgets for Coco and Blade Runner, and $116.4M with low end budgets for those two.

If Blade Runner was still in my Top 5 without Three Billboards, that average would be 51.8M :ohmygod: 

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thing has a 200M dollar budget. What the fuck do you want to call it!?

they're literally called blockbusters because people lined up around the block to see them! it's a movie lots of people see! this is a hill i'm totally willing to die on.

my big fat greek wedding = blockbuster. john carter = no.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At Disney Springs on Wednesday and Thursday, Three Billboards and Lady Bird sold pretty lightly; I don't know if any show exceeded 20-30 tickets. That isn't the case today because both have sold 60+ tickets for some shows and are consistently high :ohmygod: 

what other films are selling well?

Just now, babz06 said:

what other films are selling well?

Coco has been doing insane, which is a given considering it's at Disney. Thor and Wonder are doing very well too. The Dolby Cinema just opened, and so far it's doing well for Coco and decent for JL. For other new releases, Roman Israel and Man Who Invented Christmas have been doing very well over there. Lady Bird and Three Billboards aren't exactly vacation movies, and given the majority of locals won't go to Disney Springs over Thanksgiving, it's easy to see why those two were rather light.

i don't even know what my #1 #2 #3 of the year are or whatever. i just got the ones i like and the ones i don't. sane way to be. i'll throw the good ones together in an arbitrary order for when we do our end of year list but who cares about obsessively keeping tabs on that shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1