That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

My contrarian attitude is taking over and my interest in LADY BIRD, COCO, and 3 BILBOS is dwindling. :thinking: 

Come to the dark side, Tele.

We have super extended Justice League blu-rays. :sparta:

Plus Zack Snyder limited edition with glow in the dark posters. :sparta:

• ...wtf 1

I don't know what my top rankings would be, but A24 has done 3 films I've given an A and are in my top 10 this year (A Ghost Story, Ingrid Goes West, Ladybird). I haven't seen Three Billboards yet. Not sure Disaster Artist could make it in but it's possible.

Actually been a really strong year for film so far. 

As far as indie stuff, need to watch Brigsby Bear and Good Time too.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It sounds like it'd get an F CinemaScore if it went wide immediately :sparta: 

I'm not one who cares for cinemascores all that much, but an F would make me want to see the movie all the more. 

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I, for one, am shocked that a PTA film could not make much money.

But aren't smaller "art-house" style films supposed to be blockbusters? Shocking! 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

heard PTA is doing a remake of Hitchcock's The Birds next. except here's his unique twist on it; the rock is the lead and the birds are now as big as 747s. they're gonna fight it out.

So instead of being oceanic like in Baywatch, he'll be airborne? :ohmygod: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Squadron Leader Tele your mother! screener (which might be digital) should be arriving soon; SAG and DGA have gotten it :ohmygod: 

Yeah I'm guessing Three Billboards will be a screener. Probably going to wait for it until then. Got a lot of the A24 ones last year but wanted to see Ladybird in theaters due to the subject.

mother! is out next month anyway. Goes digital on the 5th.

Just now, somebody85 said:

Yeah I'm guessing Three Billboards will be a screener. Probably going to wait for it until then. Got a lot of the A24 ones last year but wanted to see Ladybird in theaters due to the subject.

mother! is out next month anyway. Goes digital on the 5th.

Three Billboards has only been sent to SAG so far.

• Like 1