A Marvel Fanboy

Titanic 3D OS Thread

Let's not be hasty with the big ship ... it's doing ok in my theater but it only has two (2) shows a day, one is at 3pm. The running time is an issue, but on the other hand I believe this will have better legs than many other films. With Titanic, you really have to be patient.btw, the 3D sure is not helping. I for myself have sworn never to watch converted 3D again, even if it's from JC himself, and I know some friends who are also not too fond of the glasses - wearing them for 3 hours is a setback. And Titanic is NOT offered in 2D here.

I think right now eveyone is just jizzing over the China numbers and the potential of what it could do there.

Wow, Fox/Paramount could collect something like 15 mio from China if Titanic makes another 100 mio there.(The new WTO rules are not yet effective as far as I know.)

I think Fox is getting better deals than that. Fox spent tons of money marketing the shit out of Titanic in China. They wouldn't do that unless they got better deals. Edited by vc2002

I think Fox is getting better deals than that. Fox spent tons of money marketing the shit out of Titanic in China. They wouldn't do that unless they got better deals.

Why should they get better deals? The chinese administration knows Hollywood badly needs China as a new market. They have far more leverage than foreign movie studios/distributors. China doesn't need Hollywood -- but Hollywood needs China.

You can take TASM and Skyfall out as well. Heck even Titanic 3D isnt locked for $100m at this moment.

Well, 007 will do bigger than MI4 IMO. Just see.

SM3 did one third more than POTC3 in 2007 and yet POTC did 70M in 2011 with crap 3D and crap quality. Just no way in hell TASM missing 100M. Under 100M for TASM is a huge flop, 150M is normal, and anything above 150M is breaking out.

Why should they get better deals? The chinese administration knows Hollywood badly needs China as a new market. They have far more leverage than foreign movie studios/distributors. China doesn't need Hollywood -- but Hollywood needs China.

No, China desperately needs hollywood. These imported films are massive money-makers for China. Given the fact the local films share more (45% or sth) from the boxoffice than the imported ones, it makes even a bigger difference. The government is over-controlling only for protecting their own film industry. But since the total revenue is rising like a rocket, the goverment is obviously willing to offer studios like Fox a better deal. Edited by vc2002

Well, 007 will do bigger than MI4 IMO. Just see.

SM3 did one third more than POTC3 in 2007 and yet POTC did 70M in 2011 with crap 3D and crap quality. Just no way in hell TASM missing 100M. Under 100M for TASM is a huge flop, 150M is normal, and anything above 150M is breaking out.

I´m gonna hold you to that^^ ;)

No, China need Hollywood. The theatre chains need HLW, the audience need HLW.

No, China desperately needs hollywood. These imported films are massive money-makers for China. Given the fact the local films share more (45% or sth) from the boxoffice than the imported ones, it makes even a bigger difference. The government is over-controlling only for protecting their own film industry. But since the total revenue is rising like a rocket, the goverment is obviously willing to offer studios like Fox a better deal.

^Local films get gets a 45% share of the gross??Or is it that local films is 45% of the entire market