DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

45 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Were black and white veterans equally treated in the 1950's?

Aren't they both heroes/veterans?

What would separate someone like Spider-Man from anyone in the X-Men? Because one was born with powers and one wasn't?

I mean Spidey was treated very casually by the world around him in Homecoming so I don't see why a non-threatening individual from Xavier's school wouldn't.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cookie said:

What would separate someone like Spider-Man from anyone in the X-Men? Because one was born with powers and one wasn't?

I mean Spidey was treated very casually by the world around him in Homecoming so I don't see why a non-threatening individual from Xavier's school wouldn't.

Mutants are discriminated against because people feel threatened by them. They're worried mutants will wipe them out the same way people are afraid blacks and gays will destroy families and society. The powers aren't the real issue. It's the literal evolution of humanity people are scared of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Silly compared to what?

Harry Potter?

Jurassic Park?

Fast and Furious?

STAR WARS?

Not really.

Marvel movies can’t build tension. Every time they do they throw in a joke. 

Edited by Darth Suburious
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darth Suburious said:

Marvel movies can’t build tension. Every time thevdo they throw in a joke. 

“The world’s gonna be destroyed!”

”lol devil’s anus”

Edited by That One Guy
i could’ve gone for a more nuanced criticism but it’s almost midnight right now so this’ll have to do

11 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

Marvel movies can’t build tension. Every time thevdo they throw in a joke. 

So every movie needs tension?

Who makes these rules?

Plus Marvel had plenty of scenes where the self sacrificing hero looks like he's gonna bite it:

Thor's sacrifice in Thor 1.

Cap's sacrifice in Cap 1.

Iron Man getting rid of the nuke in Avengers.

Cap letting himself lose to Bucky in Winter Soldier.

Ant-Man going sub-atomic.

Dr Strange dying or making his deal in his movie.

I guess what you mean Marvel doesn't have a tense self sacrifice tear jerker every single movie because that would get old and tired.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Plus Marvel had plenty of scenes where the self sacrificing hero looks like he's gonna bite it:

That almost impossible to make it look like he gonna bite, specially when it is the hero and has sequels announced, do anyone in the audience really though even for the smallest second they're was a 0.0001% chance AntMan would die when he went sub atomic or Dr Strange would die ?

You can of need a tour de force to achieve (or crazy circumstance like Fast&Furious 7, but Return of the Jedi did it with an extremely solid script mechanism toward the end with 2 parallel story when both seem for the audience they hit bottom at the same time, but no it goes worst for Luke after that, maybe he will die it is possible the galaxy will still be save and it could be the last movie with hi,) or make the stake about something that it is possible the movie will do sometime.

Edited by Barnack

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

So every movie needs tension?

Who makes these rules?

Thor's sacrifice in Thor 1.

Cap's sacrifice in Cap 1.

Iron Man getting rid of the nuke in Avengers.

Cap letting himself lose to Bucky in Winter Soldier.

Ant-Man going sub-atomic.

Dr Strange dying or making his deal in his movie.

I guess what you mean Marvel doesn't have a tense self sacrifice tear jerker every single movie because that would get old and tired.

No Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, planet of the Apes, all of these movie have tension. They can build suspension No one those sences you mentioned work in their movies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

No Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, planet of the Apes, all of these movie have tension. They can build suspension No one those sences you mentioned work in their movies. 

You're obviously biased.

I've been emotionally invested in plenty of MCU movies and if you think no one felt anything when Tony Stark called Pepper Pott's before guiding the nukes in Avengers or when Cap told Peggy their dance would have to wait before sacrificing himself, then you're out of touch.

But obviously I'm not the only one invested in MCU when the trailer to the sequel to the mediocre AOU still breaks YouTube records.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth Suburious said:

It will come across as silly in the films but the marvel films are already silly so i guess no one will care. 

People keep saying “won’t people question why no Mutants popped up before in MCU?” And I go “X-Men the comic premiered 2 years after Fantastic Four did. Is it odd that Mutants didn’t show up in the Marvel comics universe before then?” 

• Like 1

I am going to watch the remaining FOX Marvel film yet to be release multiple times in the cinema. I have to appreciate the moment and variety before everything becomes all samey. Save us Department of Justice. You are our only hope now :sparta:

• ...wtf 1