DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Honestly, after reading some of the comments in this thread, I don't think I can make fun of Steve Jaros for his anti-Disney comments anymore. Some of the comments here are so immature that it really makes me wonder how many posters on this board are younger than 18.

Funny you should say that, because I love Disney's current output. Obviously, not all of their films are good, but I'd roughly say about 75% or so of what Disney has put out this decade I've managed to get some enjoyment out of. However, just because I like a company's films doesn't mean I can't be critical or feel shifty towards business decisions and practices, especially over a major movie studio buying another major movie studio, an idea which hurts competition, a diverse market, and potentially a lot of franchises I have a fondness for.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Honestly, after reading some of the comments in this thread, I don't think I can make fun of Steve Jaros for his anti-Disney comments anymore. Some of the comments here are so immature that it really makes me wonder how many posters on this board are younger than 18.

The better question is how old you are?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Funny you should say that, because I love Disney's current output. Obviously, not all of their films are good, but I'd roughly say about 75% or so of what Disney has put out this decade I've managed to get some enjoyment out of. However, just because I like a company's films doesn't mean I can't be critical or feel shifty towards business decisions and practices, especially over a major movie studio buying another major movie studio, an idea which hurts competition, a diverse market, and potentially a lot of franchises I have a fondness for.

You don't have to like the deal and are free to express that you don't like it. That doesn't make you immature. Obviously, I wasn't talking about you. And I also don't mean everyone that doesn't like the deal. But not everyone is expressing that dislike in a mature way.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

And, y'know, workers

Love the "you are all children for being upset when something demonstrably shitty happens" take. Yeah, these things will inevitably happen, and yeah it was Fox's decision to sell. But it's still shitty, as the corporate overlords continue to streamline the industry and limit opportunity

But anyway, yay mega corps!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I agree. Coco is my favorite movie of the year and GV2 is a damn great CBM. Hell everything this year besides that awful Beast remake I’ve rated higher or at least a B-. Pixar and WDAS stay making masterpieces, MCU makes good CBMs and they have made the excellent TFA. However I know that this can be bad for the industry, diversity in the market place, consumers and some theaters. @DAJK knows firsthand about Disney’s theater techniques.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I agree. Coco is my favorite movie of the year and GV2 is a damn great CBM. Hell everything this year besides that awful Beast remake I’ve rated higher or at least a B-. Pixar and WDAS stay making masterpieces, MCU makes good CBMs and they have made the excellent TFA. However I know that this can be bad for the industry, diversity in the market place, consumers and some theaters. @DAJK knows firsthand about Disney’s theater techniques.

Yea... fuck disney :lol:

That's the problem I love rooting for good films, but it sucks when the people providing this content puts all these obstacles in front of you, makes it hard to root for them.

I mean honestly, it doesn't really affect my job too much. Busy movies mean more shifts = higher pay check. My managers still let us see the movies for free as long as it isn't a busy night (which can be a sort of piss off but whatever everyone is doing their best). And it's not like I have to manage the theatre, so the worst thing I have to deal with are pissed off parents who's kids can't use a certain pass to see a movie.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea... fuck disney :lol:

That's the problem I love rooting for good films, but it sucks when the people providing this content puts all these obstacles in front of you, makes it hard to root for them.

I mean honestly, it doesn't really affect my job too much. Busy movies mean more shifts = higher pay check. My managers still let us see the movies for free as long as it isn't a busy night (which can be a sort of piss off but whatever everyone is doing their best). And it's not like I have to manage the theatre, so the worst thing I have to deal with are pissed off parents who's kids can't use a certain pass to see a movie.

This. Pretty much. Fox was going to sell, and yes Disney was the lesser of evils (Comcast would’ve been worse imho) it still isn’t justified or good. I just like rooting for good films in general as well.

On a side note, out of curiosity Didn’t Disney have Katwe at the largest screen for some time at your theater.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This. Pretty much. Fox was going to sell, and yes Disney was the lesser of evils (Comcast would’ve been worse imho) it still isn’t justified or good. I just like rooting for good films in general as well.

On a side note, out of curiosity Didn’t Disney have Katwe at the largest screen for some time at your theater.

Only 1 week

I am a bit surprised by someone that has the capacity to project even short term the world were comcast buy part of Fox vs Disney and estimate which is better, I would not even know how to start with this.........

60 Billion of asset is a lot to wrap one brain around.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

If the deal take a year to go through the legal phase and be approved and then Fox run a year or 2 during the transition (i.e. 2 others Deadpool movie already made) or long could they go with that sticks anyway ? 3 Deadpool movie seem a good amount of them already, him shifting to one MCU movie making a metajoke about it and that would be 4 movies already, would it be much money left after all that ?

Considering how many movies Hugh Jackman and RDJ have done in the past 10 to 17 years in their respective parts and how publicized it's been, I'm surprised you would argue this. 

The thing about Deadpool is I look back at the history of R-rated franchises going PG-13: Conan the Barbarian, Robocop, Expendables. They all died. (Granted DIE HARD did good enough to get another entry, which then cratered.) Cut the balls off such properties, part of their appeal was being for the adult marketplace, you neuter it. 

It's inevitable they would put Deadpool into the PG-13 realm of the other MCU movies, but to do away with his own R franchise considering it's proven profitable just last year? It's ridiculous. 

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There was still just 3 Iron man movie and 3 Wolverine movie I think (could be wrong about this) during all that time.

That why I had 3 Deadpool being the expected amount in mind.

To be fair you had a bunch of other X-Men movies with Wolverine in them and a bunch of Avengers/Captain America/Spider-Man movies with Iron Man in them alongside their trilogies. Deadpool has just had one solo (although he'll probably pop up in X-Force if it happens).