ZeeSoh

Wednesday (7/12) #s - JL - $1.12m

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

So the new plan is to drag everything down to JL's level to make yourself feel better for JL's failure - commercially and artistically.  :lol:

No,My opinion is that the CBM’s Of 2017!are mediocre ,Deal with it 

......P.S I didn’t like WW.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You starting to sound like this was some kind of games, with scoring and looser and winners, etc...

No we will obviously not use multiplier has some end of it all without looking at context blindly.

I mean look at those multiplier:

Dark Knight: 3.33

Wonder Woman: 4

Shrek: 6.32

Passenger : 6.71

Hidden Figures: 7.407 

Blind Side: 7.52

Girl with a dragoon tattoo: 8.00

Is some giant multiplier simply due to an extremely small opening weekend due to the Christmas day placement for some of those release ? While some others achieved crazy multiplier because they had A+ type cinemascore reception ? Some smaller than other because of the size of the OW and not because of the word of mouth quality ? Or would you rank them like that, audience reception of those movies goes the worst for Dark Knight to the best for Dragon Tattoo ?

We will pick and choose, we will interpret data in the best possible ways, they are not baseball score with us trying to pick a winner.

BvS 1.99x was certainly a tell about it's reception (and that showed on is massive OW drop for it's sequel).

The film is gonna earn a respectable Multiplier,Respect it.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

36.5% drop from yesterday and 21% off from last Wednesday. Better WoW hold than Moana and about 200k ahead in dailies

Very solid drop for Coco. In line with Moana off of a great Tuesday bump.

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

28.2% drop from yesterday and 20% off from last Wednesday 

Thor keeps having these more muted Tue bumps and better than average Wed drops lol. 

Weekly drop is still great. Gonna come down to the more normal range for this Thu considering the huge Thu bump it got last week. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Mediocre is pretty much every CBM this year Imho.

And others think it's the best year ever for superhero movies.

Critics and box office kind of back up that claim.

Either way JL doesn't rank high by any metric.

16 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

The film is gonna earn a respectable Multiplier,Respect it.

He laid out very sound reasonings a to why you can’t look at numbers or multipliers in a vacuum, yet you dismissed and basically told him to deal with it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

And others think it's the best year ever for superhero movies.

Critics and box office kind of back up that claim.

Either way JL doesn't rank high by any metric.

One needn’t account for metrics to form an opinion. He is an individual, not necessarily conforming to what you see as the general public/critic’s opinion. His opinion is that this year’s CBM were mediocre. He is entitled to his opinion as much as critics and other members of the GA

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sam said:

He laid out very sound reasonings a to why you can’t look at numbers or multipliers in a vacuum, yet you dismissed and basically told him to deal with it. 

Look I get everything in that message but it can be dismissed as we have no clue to the truth.

I do know JL is having much better reception than BVS and there’s no way to dismiss that.

A low opening Weekend doesn’t mean a film is bad ,However most here explanation will tell you otherwise.

A film can have a bad internal multipier but we don’t know how it’s overall multipier will

be effected by that.

so far there’s nothing in the film drops that says its being badly received.

Now it didn’t do to well against the comps for its  first two weeks but things are looking much better 3rd weekend and beyond.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

One needn’t account for metrics to form an opinion. He is an individual, not necessarily conforming to what you see as the general public/critic’s opinion. His opinion is that this year’s CBM were mediocre. He is entitled to his opinion as much as critics and other members of the GA

I even gave  JL a 7.5/10 as I felt it Could’ve been much better.

BVS & Cap2 are much better films then anything we got this year imho.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Critical consensus and ticket sales can determine whether something is widely considered mediocre.

This was not a mediocre year for superhero movies. Almost all of them were critical and box office hits.

You can't really dismiss those in favor of a single strangers opinion.

That's like saying The Force Awakens is the worse Star Wars movie. Maybe a few people feel that way but box office results and critical consensus disagree.

If those don't matter then neither does some random person's opinion.

Edited by grey ghost

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Look I get everything in that message but it can be dismissed has we have no clue to the truth.

I do know JL is having much better reception than BVS and there’s no way to dismiss that.

A low opening Weekend doesn’t mean a film is bad ,However most here explanation will tell you otherwise.

A film can have a bad internal multipier but we don’t know how it’s overall multipier will

be effected by that.

so far there’s nothing in the film drops that says its being badly received.

Now it didn’t do to well against the comps for its  first two weeks but things are looking much better 3rd weekend and beyond.

He wasn’t referring to JL in his posts. Don’t know how you get that as any type of diss against the movie.

All he did was replying to your comment about how multiplier is the be all end all, and said that no, it’s not, there are many factors that you have to look at.

JL only started to stabilize in drops this Monday (as in following FB/MJ1) and many people has commented on that, using that likely trend to predict its total. 

Just because a few people mocking its performance doesn’t mean you have to project it to everyone.

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

He wasn’t referring to JL in his posts. Don’t know how you get that as any type of diss against the movie.

All he did was replying to your comment about how multiplier is the be all end all, and said that no, it’s not, there are many factors that you have to look at.

JL only started to stabilize in drops this Monday (as in following FB/MJ1) and many people has commented on that, using that likely trend to predict its total. 

Just because a few people mocking its performance doesn’t mean you have to project it to everyone.

JL stabilized it’s 3rd weeend Which is critical for the film.

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Coco Walt Disney $1,577,924 -37% 3,987 $396   $115,672,140 15
2 (2) Justice League Warner Bros. $1,117,032 -35% 3,820 $292   $201,381,881 20
3 (3) Wonder Lionsgate $957,549 -31% 3,449 $278   $90,832,859 20
4 (4) Thor: Ragnarok Walt Disney $734,214 -28% 3,148 $233   $294,144,917 34
5 (5) Murder on the Orient Express 20th Century Fox $653,208 -26% 3,201 $204   $86,961,763 27
6 (6) Daddy’s Home 2 Paramount Pictures $513,912 -32% 3,403 $151   $84,618,288 27
7 (8) Lady Bird A24 $490,911 -12% 1,194 $411   $18,317,304 34
8 (7) Three Billboards Outside Eb… Fox Searchlight $454,067 -26% 1,430 $318   $15,038,641 27
9 (9) A Bad Moms Christmas STX Entertainment $328,417 -24% 2,251 $146   $65,773,377 36
10 (10) The Star Sony Pictures $304,706 -27% 2,822 $108   $28,302,923 20
11 (11) Roman J. Israel, Esq. Sony Pictures $183,136 -34% 1,669 $110   $10,168,438 20
12 (12) The Disaster Artist A24 $105,797 n/c 19 $5,568   $1,522,010 6
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

JL stabilized it’s 3rd weeend Which is critical for the film.

Yup. That’s exactly what I was discussing about in my post. And I didn't even realize.  

Whatever. Carry on.