MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers | Tuesday 16th Jan | Paddington 2 745k

14 minutes ago, the beast said:

oh well its apparently up to $700m through tuesday

If it's 700 by Tuesday then 750 by Sunday looks very likely. Should pull in 20-25 Wed-Sun DOM and I guess it's dailies right now are higher OS than DOM.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

My point was that jumanji will have better late legs than best grossing movie ever (dom);)

ok :)

to be fair lot's of movies will have better legs than TFA thanks to the bigly way it opened. 

and TGS for that matter will beat Jumanji's legs handily.

• Like 1

When was the last time a movie did 10x the 5-day ow? TGS will have done 10x at 134 dom.

edit:

TF5 did 1.9x the 5-day 68.5 ow. Before you say "but that was summer vs dec for TGS", LOTR1 did only 4.2x the 5-day 75.1 ow back in 2001;)

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

ok :)

to be fair lot's of movies will have better legs than TFA thanks to the bigly way it opened. 

and TGS for that matter will beat Jumanji's legs handily.

Of course you're right that TGS will have very impresive legs, but what's more impresive Jumanji doing maybe more than 100 mln after first 4 weeks, or TGS doing maybe 40 mln? Let's not forget that Jumanji and TGS have simillar budgets... TGS legs are impressive but dollars are much more impressive than multiplier;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think it's getting colder each passing day unless TLJ shows a surprisingly good hold soon.

Funny thing is the total is almost $40m ahead of Avengers at the same point. Something very similar happened with Rogue One and TDK. The boost from Christmas and New Year holiday timeframe is amazing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

How much does J likely have left OS? Wonder if it can hit 850 WW? Sony's profit on it is going to be massive. They may not have even seen this kind of a profit from Skyfall, considering that had a $200m budget and huge marketing campaign. Could very well be their largest profit ever. 

With Skyfall and Spectre, Sony only got 25% of the profits plus distribution fee, most of the profit went to MGM and EON. 

14 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Funny thing is the total is almost $40m ahead of Avengers at the same point. Something very similar happened with Rogue One and TDK. The boost from Christmas and New Year holiday timeframe is amazing. 

Late legs work wonders for summer movies (how both Spiderman Homecoming and Suicide Squad recovered from terrible 2nd weekend drops). A film opening in May has 2 full months of kids off from school. After New Years, most kids don't have a significant period of holiday until Spring Break in April.

23 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Late legs work wonders for summer movies (how both Spiderman Homecoming and Suicide Squad recovered from terrible 2nd weekend drops). A film opening in May has 2 full months of kids off from school. After New Years, most kids don't have a significant period of holiday until Spring Break in April.

It’s not just that. TDK came out when 100% of schools were off, yet Rogue One was $440m and TDK was $400m at the same point of their run. This is despite the fact TDK opened slightly higher and had summer weekdays.

Rogue was ahead by so much because of adults who were off work during Christmas and New Year period. That is pretty much the only time of year where millions upon millions of adults are on a holiday period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Race between TLJ and Avengers is heating up lol 

As much as I want TA to win I just don't see how TLJ could not crawl past it considering that Blue Ray comes out end of March. It's 2 freakin months of chugging along dollar by dollar. And it's passing 600M this weekend so only 20M away from TA with full February and March in theaters, maybe even dollar theater boost. 

7 hours ago, Elessar said:

I would take these numbers with a big grain of salt. Nobody outside the companies really knows the exact expenses and revenues. 

Those numbers are from the company leaked account:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_hack

I do not take any numbers outside leaked one without a giant grain of salt.

• Like 3