WrathOfHan

Replicas | January 11, 2019 | KEANU REEVES AND ENTERTAINMENT STUDIOS | Featuring Alice Eve and Thomas Middleditch | WATCH THE TRAILER NOW!!!!!

Between this, Slender Man (which is being 'shopped around to other distributors' by Sony), and Three Seconds (which was significantly neglected by Aviron Pictures by releasing Serenity's trailer first), August is about to receive much more breathing room for its releases...

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Between this, Slender Man (which is being 'shopped around to other distributors' by Sony), and Three Seconds (which was significantly neglected by Aviron Pictures by releasing Serenity's trailer first), August is about to receive much more breathing room for its releases...

None of those 3 films posed a threat to anybody except thearer owners having to pay the overhead for empty theaters....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I really wished The Predator or Holmes and Watson would have stayed in August. August is a fucking wasteland now and it could have had so much potential since there's like nothing releasing except Christopher Robin, which even that shouldn't be that huge. Missed opportunities. Now Holmes and Watson has pushed back to the most fucking crowded Christmas release date ever with Bumblebee, Aquaman, Alita, Mortal Engines, Into the Spiderverse, Mary Poppins, and the Christian Bale Dick Cheney movie which I guess will just go limited and then go wide after the new year since that christmas release weekend is just such a huge clusterfuck. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I really wished The Predator or Holmes and Watson would have stayed in August. August is a fucking wasteland now and it could have had so much potential since there's like nothing releasing except Christopher Robin, which even that shouldn't be that huge. Missed opportunities. Now Holmes and Watson has pushed back to the most fucking crowded Christmas release date ever with Bumblebee, Aquaman, Alita, Mortal Engines, Into the Spiderverse, Mary Poppins, and the Christian Bale Dick Cheney movie which I guess will just go limited and then go wide after the new year since that christmas release weekend is just such a huge clusterfuck. 

Christopher Robin is looking like a surprise hit because of the brilliant marketing.

August has always been something of a dumping ground.

But I agree that the Chirstmas schedule is insane this December. Aside from the  sheer number of films, that so many are pitching for exactly the same demo makes matters worse. It's like everybody saw what Jumanji did, and moved to that spot, and now looks as if some films will kill each other off.

• Like 1

Entertainment Studios will release REPLICAS starring Keanu Reeves and Alice Eve on January 11, 2019. The film had previously been scheduled for August 24, 2018.

@WrathOfHan adjusting title?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 1

I'm really this is coming out because I want to see it'll be able to do at the Box Office. Quite a few of the releases from Entertainment Studios and their purchased distributor FreeStyle Releasing are case studies as to why the audience needs to be respected. That goes double for The Hurricane Heist.

Edited by Slambros

Is it just me, or does this look a smidge better than we're making it out to be? I know there's the bad-looking shot where the helicopter flies over the ocean, but I've noticed from the large amount of TV spots I've seen that the film at least has something it's trying to say. Plus, Keanu Reeves should be a decent draw because of John Wick. So I think this film's numbers may look more like Hostiles than The Hurricane Heist when all is said and done. I could be wrong though.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

The only thing Entertainment Studios has made that's worth wild is the Chappaquiddink. Everything else the studio has touched is bad, the name and logo is generic. 

Hostiles was great! Hurricane Heist is a huge guilty pleasure!