That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

By the time Ant-Man comes out people are going to have comic book fatigue.

Given the number of superhero movies we have coming out this year, we'll likely see the tune change from "Comic Book Fatigue" to "How Comic Book Movies Killed Cinema" by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

By the time Ant-Man comes out people are going to have comic book fatigue.

Ha,ha, CB fatigue that was supposed to happen 5,6 years ago. :D

So Audience Score is now stuck at 74% cause influx of real reviews prevents troll-induced drops. Just as I expected. And IMDB keeps going up, just as I expected. Trolls cannot severely hurt well received movies cause fans will offset trolls. 

I don't think Ant-Man will see much of an increase. He's no one's favorite Avenger and I'm sure most people have forgotten the first movie.  It would need a Ragnarok-esque marketing campaign that totally flips the perception of the character to do much more (which the first trailer certainly wasn't that) maybe some bump from those that are interested in seeing Wasp

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't think Ant-Man will see much of an increase. He's no one's favorite Avenger and I'm sure most people have forgotten the first movie.  It would need a Ragnarok-esque marketing campaign that totally flips the perception of the character to do much more (which the first trailer certainly wasn't that) maybe some bump from those that are interested in seeing Wasp

This is what we call projecting your opinion onto your prediction, folks.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

This is what we call projecting your opinion onto your prediction, folks.

I like the Ant-Man and Wasp trailer!

But it feels like it's gonna get shrugged and forgotten next to the other two MCU movies this year

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's a fun movie.

I've seen Jumanji twice, once right after it opened, by myself, when it looked like it was getting swamped by Star Wars, the other time a few days ago, with my wife, while it is taking its extended victory lap. Thought it was blah the first time, and blah the second time.

My wife, however, loved it. Thought it was a blast. I guess those are the people who've made it such a shockingly stout-legged hit. 

Edited by SteveJaros