grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

You and me both. I remember when I got physically ill after Kotm underperformed.

I needed like a month to recover from that.

But in hindsight, my meltdown at that time was a bit silly. I loved the movie, ive seen it like 50 times since it came out and we still got a quasi-sequel with Godzilla vs Kong. This is still the best timeline for Godzilla fans.

But im honest 350M for DOM would mean Meltdown and im serious that number would be so low regarding the massive inflation that occured since 2018, i woudnt survive that without mental damage :sadfleck:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

But in hindsight, my meltdown at that time was a bit silly. I loved the movie, ive seen it like 50 times since it came out and we still got a quasi-sequel with Godzilla vs Kong. This is still the best timeline for Godzilla fans.

But im honest 350M for DOM would mean Meltdown and im serious that number would be so low regarding the massive inflation that occured since 2018, i woudnt survive that without mental damage :sadfleck:

Initially I thought it was just a meme but these posts make me concerned about sanity of some posters here. It's just a movie. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tokugennumataka said:

Initially I thought it was just a meme but these posts make me concerned about sanity of some posters here. It's just a movie. 

Its a meme (for the most part), no worrys. 

I will be sad if it underperformans, but yeah, its just a movie.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Its a meme (for the most part), no worrys. 

I will be sad if it underperformans, but yeah, its just a movie.

I'd think of it as if you grew up with a franchise since you were a toddler and are finally hyped for its great revival but instead it doesn't perform well financially and every Box Office post you see of it you see people mocking it and every fan post of the box office is straight up denial of its failure due to lack of knowledge of how film financials work. You just feel alone and depressed for a few weeks but yea totally. Memes

6 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I'd think of it as if you grew up with a franchise since you were a toddler and are finally hyped for its great revival but instead it doesn't perform well financially and every Box Office post you see of it you see people mocking it and every fan post of the box office is straight up denial of its failure due to lack of knowledge of how film financials work. You just feel alone and depressed for a few weeks but yea totally. Memes

Speaking just for me, i dont want my investment in following the box office be killed again like what happened with KotM. It helps that Dominion - no matter how much it might (!) underperform - will definetly be profitable and one of the biggest hits of the year, ensuring the franchise is alive and well.

7 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Speaking just for me, i dont want my investment in following the box office be killed again like what happened with KotM. It helps that Dominion - no matter how much it might (!) underperform - will definetly be profitable and one of the biggest hits of the year, ensuring the franchise is alive and well.

If it makes us feel any better, Prehistoric Planet documentary got in the Top 5 TV shows in the week of its release only behind Yellowstone #4, Stranger Things #3, Better Call Saul #2, Kenobi #1.

22 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

You can follow box office but not root for any particular film, just saying.

52 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Be strong Believe.

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You can follow box office but not root for any particular film, just saying.

Where’s the fun in that? 

That’s like following a sports league and not supporting a team. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

I mean yeah, I'm rooting for the box office to do well generally, but I obviously play favorites (as do most people on here).

When I have a problem is when people intentionally root for a film to fail. That's basically wishing for a writer's career to fail and the employees that worked on it to be affected.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

Now that I’ve had some time to think it over, I think we overreacted to the SK drop. With the Mexico news coming out I still think this will be big. my prediction right now is between 1.1 and 1.2 billion, probably closer to 1.1. 

this is by no means a flop or bomb. Watching the box office subreddit freak out about this is pretty funny though. 

Just watched it and loved it. The story is not the best thing ever, but the movie is very action packed and I loved the interactions between the characters.

PS: I think the first JW is a 10/10 and I also really like JW: FK.

• Like 1