grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

14 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's no metric which says that Jurassic World is not the best Jurassic movie after TLW.

Critically it is the only non rotten Jurassic movie after JP

Commercially it's the biggest success after JP

This new-found revisionist history that Reddit and Social media has created that Jurassic World sucks, new trilogy sucks is just nonsense, Jurassic World is still one of the most loved Blockbusters of last decade. 

I agree. JP fans as well as the GP loved JW when it came out. The GP still love it but a certain type of JP fan now hates it after trying to rehabilitate JP3 as if it's impossible to like both at once.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

2 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I agree. JP fans as well as the GP loved JW when it came out. The GP still love it but a certain type of JP fan now hates it after trying to rehabilitate JP3 as if it's impossible to like both at once.

It's funny how Fallen Kingdom is a villain movie and a movie which doesn't have a whole 3rd act is an underrated hero.

And no, this ridiculous response of World movies not having spirit of JP is just nonsense too..... Both World movies and from reaction Dominion is closer to Chrichton's novels than Jurassic Park 3. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T-ReXXR said:

About 40 minutes 

Reviews will tear it apart. The biggest weakpoints are the script, the editing and honestly, kind of the story itself. I cant see a score above 40% for this happening.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Reviews will tear it apart. The biggest weakpoints are the script, the editing and honestly, kind of the story itself. I cant see a score above 40% for this happening.

so they fucked up completely then? Damn

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Movie critics, the biggest enemy of cinema.

The most useless breed of people who are involved in showbiz. 

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 4
  • Knock It Off 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

They fucked up or not will be decided by Audience reception, but critical reception.

If Audience reception is good then movie is good, if it isn't then it doesn't matter if critics call it greatest movie of all time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Imo, they didnt. The movie worked for me. But im certain that most critics wont share my opinion, so ... yep, rotten it is.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Imo, they didnt. The movie worked for me. But im certain that most critics wont share my opinion, so ... yep, rotten it is.

The movie worked for me too but I thought it was thr weakest of the JW films. My audience loved it though and the families I asked said it was the best of the JW films. How was your audience?

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Movie critics, the biggest enemy of cinema.

The most useless breed of people who are involved in showbiz. 

Why you get so offended everytime someone dislike this movie? 

Lots of these people study, they know what they're talking about. Obviously there is personal taste there but it's a very helpful guide to pick movies to watch, especially these days where there's too much things happening at the same time.

Seriously, in an industry struggling to make original projects and completely depending of big franchises, the biggest enemy is the critics? Just because they probably won't like the movie you're rooting for? 

This will probably gross a billion or so, it's coming to dominate theaters, and you can very loved it no matter what grade it gets, but still you keep treating this like some underdog project that is under attack from mean movie critics and people who didn't like it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

The movie worked for me too but I thought it was thr weakest of the JW films. My audience loved it though and the families I asked said it was the best of the JW films. How was your audience?

It was a german audience so ... it was mostly quiet apart some laughter at certain moments. But actually, a few people (besides me ofc lol) clapped at the end, which happens not so often here. There were a lot of kids and they seemed to enjoy it. It wasnt a negative reaction in any case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Treating this like some underdog project that is under attack from mean movie critics and people who didn't like it.

Check social media..... That is exactly the case, not an underdog, but attacked from everywhere..... Fast & Furious movies get more fanfare.

And coming to critics, it's not just this movie, I've been against critics since even i don't know how long. They don't know how to rate movies, they have obvious biases and they have agendas.

They will praise or bash movies on trivial matters or details that won't even matter, and sad part is that it does create a perception, right or wrong, but mostly wrong.

And i don't say critics should be out of work, they can rate movies as much as they want, but I'm a firm believer of critics to be able to watch movies on the day movie releases, on Friday morning.......... Not 3-4 days before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Check social media..... That is exactly the case, not an underdog, but attacked from everywhere..... Fast & Furious movies get more fanfare.

And coming to critics, it's not just this movie, I've been against critics since even i don't know how long. They don't know how to rate movies, they have obvious biases and they have agendas.

They will praise or bash movies on trivial matters or details that won't even matter, and sad part is that it does create a perception, right or wrong, but mostly wrong.

And i don't say critics should be out of work, they can rate movies as much as they want, but I'm a firm believer of critics to be able to watch movies on the day movie releases, on Friday morning.......... Not 3-4 days before.

I believe early screenings are essential though for getting word of mouth out in the general public. Tbf it is kinds pointless when your movie releases a week early in other parts of the world.

And I'm a human being sir, not a robot, with emotions and all. I'm pretty rational in real life, but there are things where my rationality goes for a toss.

One of those things is this franchise..... I don't even know what I'll do if this underperforms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Or you know, people just like different things. 

There's no "right" way to rate movies. Critics aren't an entity that thinks the same and makes agreements to love or hate a movie, it's just people with some knowledge giving their opinions to help their audience as some kind of guide. 

If you usually thinks "their" opinions are trivial, you just have a different vision, it's normal, that doesn't make they're wrong or you right, it's literally just different opinions. If somehow this creates a negative perception the problem isn't on critics, it's on the people who opens Rotten Tomatoes and think everything under 60% is bad before watching it and having their own opinion.

And of course they have to receive things before, critics have to watch dozens of projects every week, they need time to do their job. 

I mean, this isn't the thread to do this and i'm not going to insist further in this subject, but as someone who works with movies i think your dismiss of this job comes from a place of lack of understanding and is somewhat offensive, critics never exist to determinate what's good or bad to everyone.

• Like 3