grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Is it only me or is Jurassic World Dominion performing better in these online metrics than Fallen Kingdom.

I think youre right, but that shoudnt come as a big surprise. This movie has a lot more hype factors than Fallen Kingdom.

Also, these polls shoud be taken with a grain of salt since Marvel fans obviously inflate these things a lot. Jurassic World will have a lot of admissions from people who are not exactly online the whole day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Placeholder actually, Universal movies which open less than 50 or movies they think aren't doing well at Box Office go to streaming in 30-45 days. 

This one should clear 50 million in previews plus half opening day.

Actually if they open less than 50 million its 14-17 days. For example Ambulance released April 8th and bombed and will hit digital for rental or purchase on April 28th.

Ambulance being available for purchase 17 days is a bigger deal as Universal previously only did rental for a period of time.

July 15th makes sense because Dominion will likely already be over a billion globally by that point.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

8 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Actually if they open less than 50 million its 14-17 days. For example Ambulance released April 8th and bombed and will hit digital for rental or purchase on April 28th.

Ambulance being available for purchase 17 days is a bigger deal as Universal previously only did rental for a period of time.

July 15th makes sense because Dominion will likely already be over a billion globally by that point.

Nah Universal does whatever they want with their release windows. 

They'll judge it by its performance in first 10-12 days about what to do. They'll be willing to extract as much juice out if it as they can.

I don't think the old cast is really much of a selling point. The dinos have always been the selling point. The reason why JW did so well is it was the first time in over a decade we got a Jurassic movie. I do think this will increase over FK, just not to the degree many on here believe. With that said, either Thor or DS2 will likely win the summer.

4 hours ago, CloneWars said:

I don't think the old cast is really much of a selling point. The dinos have always been the selling point. The reason why JW did so well is it was the first time in over a decade we got a Jurassic movie. I do think this will increase over FK, just not to the degree many on here believe. With that said, either Thor or DS2 will likely win the summer.

Wait you think Thor is going to make more than JW ? Man a lot of people really downplaying this movie.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Shouldn't we get a new trailer for this? Maybe at Cinemacon?

Most likely yes.

36 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Wait you think Thor is going to make more than JW ? Man a lot of people really downplaying this movie.

Nah, i think it has more to do with Marvels built-in trust to deliver great box office performances. I myself am way more confident when it comes to MCU movies, to predict big grosses for them. With Jurassic World, some people probably just have a harder time seeing it gross as much or even more than for example Thor 4 and Doctor Strange. When Fallen Kingdom came out, some people predicted even under 100M OW for it.