grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

To be fair to this movie, while Top Gun does seem like it is indeed sucking all the air out of the room right now, let’s not forget that Fallen Kingdom opened 1 week after Incredibles 2 opened to 180M+ on its way to over 600 domestic.

This.

That and Fallen Kingdom actually beat Incredibles 2 in terms of the worldwide box office gross.

JW: FK = $1.310B WW

Incredibles 2 = $1.243B WW

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

You mean like the same negativity that was following Fallen Kingdom. There were people back then thinking Fallen Kingdom would open under 80 million.

That's alright, but my worry comes from a unique scenario.

Fallen Kingdom didn't fall on 2nd day like Dominion did in Korea and maybe Italy.

10 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's alright, but my worry comes from a unique scenario.

Fallen Kingdom didn't fall on 2nd day like Dominion did in Korea and maybe Italy.

Both the OD's in Korea and Italy were holidays though and thus inflated (Fallen Kingdom fell sharply after its OD in Korea in 2018 too). Not comparable to normal OD's.

20 minutes ago, Noctis said:

How is WOM? Mixed?

From what ive been reading and hearing: Fans mostly like it, critics dont. Main problems for many seem to be pacing and plot, while the character interactions and action seem to go over better. Imo, this could lead to quite negative critical reception, but WOM among the GA could still be on the positive side.

Just now, poweranimals said:

Why does it only have 8 reviews?

All reviews are from OS countrys. Review embargo for english reviewers only lifts on the day before release.

So the current score ... could be quite misleading 😅

• Sad 1

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

My guess is RT in 30s, B+/A- Cinemascore. 

Yep i think so too.

I dread a B+/B CinemaScore. If its doesnt get atleast the A- that Fallen Kingdom got, its in trouble imo.

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Yep i think so too.

I dread a B+/B CinemaScore. If its doesnt get atleast the A- that Fallen Kingdom got, its in trouble imo.

I think getting a B would be hard, and if it does that would be really bad for it. B+ is probably fine although obviously not ideal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

My guess is RT in 30s, B+/A- Cinemascore, 2.7ish multi, ~500 total. 

2.7 can be with A-, not with B+ 

Scarlett Witch in No Madnes Little Multiverse got B+ and is struggling for 400 million with 187 OW.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

I think getting a B would be hard, and if it does that would be really bad for it. B+ is probably fine although obviously not ideal. 

Ive probably said it somewhere already, but imo its very hard to make this movie unlikable for the GA. I mean, just have fun dinosaur action and fun character moments especially for the old trio and i fail to see how the GA woudnt eat this up.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Ive probably said it somewhere already, but imo its very hard to make this movie unlikable for the GA. I mean, just have fun dinosaur action and fun character moments especially for the old trio and i fail to see how the GA woudnt eat this up.

Well there is one way, focusing more on locusts that we saw in trailer than on Dinosaurs.

Trust me, i can forgive Colin Treverow if he makes a movie with 10% Rotten Tomatoes score, but if he has kept Dinosaurs in background for his insect project, i will lose it..... 

Already we've seen Camp Cretaceous season 4 focusing more on Robots than Dinosaurs, Hopefully Dominion isn't the same.