Premium George

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS| GNOMES- $1.12M| TOMB RAIDER- $910K

1 hour ago, MaxAggressor said:

From Deadline:

Among those films in regular play yesterday, Disney’s Black Panther was No. 1 with $1.7M and a running total of $637.3M while Legendary/Universal’s Pacific Rim: Uprising ranked second with $1.5M and a $34.7M six-day tally.

:bravo:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Yesterday marks the third consecutive day of very strong week-to-week holds for several films. Compared to last Wednesday:

BP: -15%

ICOI: -11%

AWIT: -12%

LS: -10%

Spring break inflating numbers, I reckon.

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Spring break inflating numbers, I reckon.

Well, three of those films are rocking A+ Cinemascores and sensational WOM; but spring break or Easter holiday week is probably the real reason those holds are so insanely strong. 

6 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Well, three of those films are rocking A+ Cinemascores and sensational WOM; but spring break or Easter holiday week is probably the real reason those holds are so insanely strong. 

AWiT is of course the odd one here.  But the lack of competition for family friendly films is probably the factor here.

OTOH, Sherlock Gnomes only dropped 33% off Discount Tuesday.   And Peter Rabbit had a 1.9% Wed-Wed drop AND a higher PTA than last Wed.

Edited by Porthos

Starting to wonder of BP can pull a #2 for this weekend. Beating PRU and ICOI looks pretty doable, with the biggest spanner in the works being how high Acrimony opens.    

If it does snag #2, I believe we will have 2/3 of the films this millennia with at least 7 weeks in the top 2 playing in theaters concurrently :ohmygod:

Edited by Sliver Legion
  • Astonished 1