sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

No way Rampage misses 100m now. It would have to totally collapse, which there's no signs of. It'll benefit from IW bleedover sellouts too.

It has a shot at 150m in China. Would be surprised if WB doesn't do a sequel.

An interesting note is that when Avengers opened no other film opened wide against it.  But The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel opened in 27 theatres and made 737,000.  It then increased every week after for three weeks in a row.  I wonder if there is any mini breakout coming up in the next few weeks.  

Kings, with Daniel Craig and Halle Berry comes out the same weekend as IW.  Can it possibly find an audience?

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

An interesting note is that when Avengers opened no other film opened wide against it.  But The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel opened in 27 theatres and made 737,000.  It then increased every week after for three weeks in a row.  I wonder if there is any mini breakout coming up in the next few weeks.  

Unlikely. Overboard will probably do alright but will likely remain limited in appeal. Life of the Party should do alright thanks to Melissa McCarthy's drawing power but it seems to be arriving with even less fanfare than The Boss did.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Kings, with Daniel Craig and Halle Berry comes out the same weekend as IW.  Can it possibly find an audience?

102 Not Out. Goin after that wildly underserviced over age 100 demo. 

In all seriousness, The Seagull would be the only May limited release with any potential to find a wider audience, though I doubt it. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Unlikely. Overboard will probably do alright but will likely remain limited in appeal. Life of the Party should do alright thanks to Melissa McCarthy's drawing power but it seems to be arriving with even less fanfare than The Boss did.

I don't mean films that are being released wide.  I mean a smaller film with a small platform release, like TBEMH had.

Just now, baumer said:

I don't mean films that are being released wide.  I mean a smaller film with a small platform release, like TBEMH had.

There's nothing opening in limited release for the next few months that look to make waves of any kind (at least until July). Tully should do fine but I doubt it makes much more than Young Adult did.

3 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Disobedience 🤔

Rachael Weisz and McAdams

I'm listening.  :)

And it looks like its a movie where they are attracted to each other and stuff happens.  Hmmmmm 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

There's nothing opening in limited release for the next few months that look to make waves of any kind (at least until July). Tully should do fine but I doubt it makes much more than Young Adult did.

I'm one of those fools who thinks Tully could break out.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm one of those fools who thinks Tully could break out.

Might want to tamper those expectations then. Focus is giving it a very quiet marketing push, plus they're not a studio that that enjoys much commercial success (at least for non-Oscar contenders) anyway.

46 minutes ago, JB33 said:

@WrathOfHan are you being sarcastic or are you genuinely predicting a $300M+ OW for IW?

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes. I also know that it's cool to see a member who has been a Nuisance and a constant negative presence go  

I see you didn't read the entire thread.

• Like 1