sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Trainwreck was a really good movie. Very funny. "I look like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg."

Yep and a box office giant success, I am talking about Lord Deep, why does he care even just the smallest bit about Amy Schumer if he does not like her comedy, I imagine like everyone there is hundreds/thousands of comics he do not find funny, why talk about her ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yep and a box office giant success, I am talking about Lord Deep, why does he care even just the smallest bit about Amy Schumer if he does not like her comedy, I imagine like everyone there is hundreds/thousands of comics he do not find funny, why talk about her ?

Well she steals jokes and does not own up to it. 

There is nothing wrong with taking or borrowing jokes but many other female and male comedians do it better. 

Also the insistence of some that if you do not like her = you are sexist. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Gotta say, i tried watching Trainwreck...and it was...a trainwreck. One of the most unfunny comedys ive ever seen. After that i tried watching some of Schumers live performances and...well, im sure there are some people who find her funny, i guess? Im not one of them.

• Like 3

I think all this hatred for her stems from her standup and the her show, where she has been proven to steal jokes and make them bad. And her whole people hate me because I am fat and a woman is just annoying and not the truth. People don't like her or her movies because they are just not that good. The woman demanded to be paid as much as Chris and Dave were paid by netflix for her special. She wants everything to be handed to her. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Well she steals jokes and does not own up to it. 

Not sure people fully understand how a sitcom writing room work and of the hundreds of comics that stole jokes in their career if she did (and not one of the writers, many of the stolen jokes come from show that literally shared the same writers working on them, sometime under pressure they recycle their own material) the question fully stands.

22 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

People called Nelson Mandela an extremist. And John Brown. And Michael Collins. I'm just saying. 

And that was propaganda. Someone is not an extremist or a stable genius just by label.

Really taking things too far beyond a compromise suck. As a Latin American, I'll stand by that extremist left can be as evil as extremist right anyday. It's not my fault American politics are so fucked that your left would be center everywhere else.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure people fully understand how a sitcom writing room work and of the hundreds of comics that stole jokes in their career if she did (and not one of the writers, many of the stolen jokes come from show that literally shared the same writers working on them, sometime under pressure they recycle their own material) the question fully stands.

It is fine as long as you add something unique to it and make it funny, but she seems like she really doesn't try that much and you could see it through her delivery and at times which is like 90% if the time they are not funny she makes it seem like a bad joke. 

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

The woman demanded to be paid as much as Chris and Dave were paid by netflix for her special

Wasn't the story she asked for a raise after comparing to them, but not to get as much because she consider she is north worth as much as those legends ?

According to Variety the actress, who became a hot property thanks to her Emmy-winning show Inside Amy Schumer, managed to get a 'significant' increase in her fee, despite the differences in their respective agreements.

“I believe women deserve equal pay,” she said on Instagram. “However I don’t believe I deserve equal pay to Chris and Dave. They are legends and [two] of the greatest comics of all time.”, Amy Schumer

Who on "the left" even likes Amy Schumer's trumped up JLaw routine? That's like when someone was arguing Lena Dunham was a liberal hero. They aren't. They probably get more shit from liberals from conservatives! This is like some delusional alternate reality where liberals defend Amy Schumer's stuff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Maybe people don't like her because she is not funny and steals the work of others?

That's when modern left becomes unbearable. You get called a number of "ist"s based on the most random things.

You cannot be called anything for not liking a person, no one can know if you like or dislike someone.

Schumer was paid 13 million by Netflix to do her standup.  The other two got 40 and 60 million.  When you are making these absurd amounts, sorry if I don't cry for you while I struggle to by a house with my measly yearly salary.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe we should go back to talking box office.

With the Thursday figures, wie might see some pretty good holds for Rampage, Quiet Place and Co. More often then not movies die before a huge monster opens (the pre- TFA/RO/TLJ weekends were especially dead), but this might not be the case here.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Wasn't the story she asked for a raise after comparing to them, but not to get as much because she consider she is north worth as much as those legends ?

According to Variety the actress, who became a hot property thanks to her Emmy-winning show Inside Amy Schumer, managed to get a 'significant' increase in her fee, despite the differences in their respective agreements.

“I believe women deserve equal pay,” she said on Instagram. “However I don’t believe I deserve equal pay to Chris and Dave. They are legends and [two] of the greatest comics of all time.”, Amy Schumer

That statement from her come after the initial reports of her team going to netflix to demand more after the deals netflix made with Dave and Chris were news. 

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

With the Thursday figures, wie might see some pretty good holds for Rampage, Quiet Place and Co. More often then not movies die before a huge monster opens (the pre- TFA/RO/TLJ weekends were especially dead), but this might not be the case here.

The Drops next weekend will be crazy though. 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Schumer was paid 13 million by Netflix to do her standup.  The other two got 40 and 60 million.  When you are making these absurd amounts, sorry if I don't cry for you while I struggle to by a house of my measly yearly salary.

I don't get this argument tho. If they can earn those amounts why should they give them up on behalf of a corporation? Netflix obviously thinks their labor is worth it.

Also, visible examples of equality matter.

• Like 1