sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

Jesus Christ do the internet trolls literally mass downvote any movie simple starring a woman or a black person at this point? it happens every week now, for real.

Also what in the blue fuck is Super Troopers?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

http://deadline.com/2018/04/i-feel-pretty-traffik-super-troopers-2-a-quiet-place-rampage-box-office-1202371111/

$1.35M in tickets last night as the sequel to the 2001 comedy cult film enjoyed double features in 925 of its 1,850 theaters.

- not good when factoring out the double features and going just with capacity/show.....  I thought it would be above 1.50

- I personally think Traffik might have made upward of 1m from last nights previews

In 900 locations, Lionsgate and Codeblack Films’ Traffik previews started at 7PM last night. It will be headed into 1,046 locations today. We are awaiting those grosses, too.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jesus Christ do the internet trolls literally mass downvote any movie simple starring a woman or a black person at this point? it happens every week now, for real.

Well rip IW, it has both. 

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Super Troopers: 66%

I Feel Pretty: 26% (lmao)

Traffik: 13%

HOLY FUCK @ TRAFFIK  :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Lol, I had I Feel Pretty had a 31% audience score on RT with 724 votes and a 2.2/5,

then with the 26% update, now I have 749 votes and a 1.8/5.

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Any movie that isn't about either superheroes or death stars or straight white men is automatically the bane of their existence. Gonna be fun in June when Ocean's 8 and Incredibles 2 (which is apparently heavily focused on Elastigirl) come out.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Truth Or Dare has a dreadful audience score last week.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Huh. You would think the director of Meet the Blacks would have some tricks up his sleeve. Guess not.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Yikes at Traffik. Yikes at everything, really, cause if ST2 isn't doing anything for its extremely niche fanbase, it might drop by close to 50% on Saturday. And IFP had better hope women aren't very interested in Infinity War..... and even then, it has a very dumb and (almost) insulting premisse anyway (though I imagine some trolls are downvoting it due to conservative/alt-right agendas or just Amy Schumer hate), so I don't know about much interest on it to begin with.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

I Feel Pretty

Following Game Night (2018)

$5.6 Friday ($1 Thur)

$7 Saturday (+24.7%)

$4.4 Sunday (-36.5%)

$17 Weekend

Following Blockers (2018)

$5.2 Friday ($1 Thur)

$5.5 Saturday (+5.9%)

$3 Sunday (-44.5%)

$13.7 Weekend

Following Snatched (2017)

$7.7 Friday ($1 Thur)

$10 Saturday (+29.2%)

$12.4 Sunday (+24.4%) NOT AT ALL LIKELY DROP FOR SUNDAY

$6.5 Sunday (-35%) more realistic

$24.2 Weekend

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Thought i do agree, that some people just hate on movies like BP just because they think it's pc. And that just makes them look so freaking dumb.

to be fair to them Black Panther's an example where they used social politics to market the film, it really did become intertwined with politics so it was kind of inevitable that a backlash would come.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

to be fair to them Black Panther's an example where they used social politics to market the film, it really did become intertwined with politics so it was kind of inevitable that a backlash would come.

Don't live in the US and we don't get the same marketing (obv) so didn't know that. Still I don't think you have to down vote a film cause  of those reasons. I don't like Amy, cause in my opinions she's done some shady things, and she isn't helping anybody. But that doesn't mean that you down vote a movie for something that has nothing to do with that movie. In my opinion thats crazy. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

tumblr_osww2u8gbl1r2pp2to1_500.gif

They have to convince themselves they are making a difference after Black Panther completely neutered them. These smaller films are seen as "softer" targets but even stuff like plucky little Blockers seems unaffected.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yikes at Traffik. Yikes at everything, really, cause if ST2 isn't doing anything for its extremely niche fanbase, it might drop by close to 50% on Saturday. And IFP had better hope women aren't very interested in Infinity War..... and even then, it has a very dumb and (almost) insulting premisse anyway (though I imagine some trolls are downvoting it due to conservative/alt-right agendas or just Amy Schumer hate), so I don't know about much interest on it to begin with.

My general rule of thumb with movies susceptible to political downvoting is the actual audience score is 10-30% higher depending on the movie and how high the score already is. If a movie is borderline fresh or in the 60s, the actual difference is likely on the lower end (IE Battle of the Sexes and Blockers). If movies are really low like I Feel Pretty and WIT, the actual difference would be on the higher end. Even with an extra 30% added, IFP would still be rotten, which doesn't bode well.

And yeah, Super Troopers being in the mid-60s is a bad sign if the fans aren't hot on it.