sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

I feel like all 3 previews are fine given the weekend and the type of films they are. 

Also never understand down voting.... I cannot stand Amy S. And yet, I just won't watch the film or vote on it. It is really simple lol. 

Should be a solid weekend though in a calm before the storm way. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Also never understand down voting.... I cannot stand Amy S. And yet, I just won't watch the film or vote on it. It is really simple lol. 

It's the only way trolls feel like they can "make a statement" against evil liberal Hollywood (lmao). Even though they aren't accomplishing anything. :lol:

Edited by filmlover

I still dont really pay attention to audience score, especially now a days. Not sure why you guys let these trolls bother you.

We go through this like every month now. Who cares if the alt trolls want to be salty, women and minorities are getting more leading roles and thats key. 

They’ll probably do away with the score anyway, or revise it Netflix style if this keeps up.

Yeah Oceans 8 will probably be a clear target, but you dont need a 3 page discussion to state the obvious. Let the trolls be pathetic basement crawlers while you go enjoy the movie and actually get fresh air.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's the only way trolls feel like they can "make a statement" against evil liberal Hollywood (lmao). Even though they aren't accomplishing anything. :lol:

Pettiness, makes at least one person feel better lol. 

Amy Schumer publicly blamed trolls for her Netflix special receiving bad (1 star) reviews so naturally the 1 star reviews continued. Around the same time Netflix decided to change their rating system from 1-5 stars to just thumbs up or thumbs down because of market research or wtv. Netflix users didn't take to the change kindly and blamed Schumer (timing of the change and what not). 

I think that is where it all started.

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Don't live in the US and we don't get the same marketing (obv) so didn't know that. Still I don't think you have to down vote a film cause  of those reasons. I don't like Amy, cause in my opinions she's done some shady things, and she isn't helping anybody. But that doesn't mean that you down vote a movie for something that has nothing to do with that movie. In my opinion thats crazy. 

Voting on something you haven't seen is lame, perhaps RT should link votes to tickets. One ticket one vote.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess some people just say to themselves “I feel Petty” and decide to go to Rotten Tomatoes and vote it down.

The problem is that people won't be able to tell the difference (if they would look at the score) between a good/decent/bad movie based on score. Cause a movie with a female starring or a minority doesn't make it good or bad. But those scores weren't that good indicator anyway. 

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Voting on something you haven't seen is lame, perhaps RT should link votes to tickets. One ticket one vote.

Yeah they should do that, but don't think many people would vote. Cause most people only vote when they found it very good or very bad, people who are neutral towards a film won't vote if it's to much effort. 

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

RT doesn't even have many votes anymore. It's useless these days. I find imdb more reliable. Sure, trolls downvote movies there too, but with time it evens out.

trust worthy directors, word of mouth and the trailers are pretty much all you can put faith in now.

12 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

So whats so "controversial" about I Feel Pretty? Isn't it a positive body image message? Isn't that a good thing? 

It's weird to me how everything becomes "problematic" these days. 

Nothing really but it seems to have found a way to anger most sections of the Internet. Schumer has a lot of people who downright just don't like her or her brand of comedy which means they were going to trash the film, there are the hardcore social justice warriors that are trashing the film for being about a straight white able bodied woman trying to be body confident. There are the fatties who aren't happy that Schumer is classed as being overweight in this film when she is marginally chubby at best. 

Basically everyone everywhere tends to find something to complain about nowadays, some people just like being offended or being offended on the behalf of others.

Edited by ainsleyb
  • Like 6

I was about to say Melissa McCarthy's films since Ghostbusters havent been affected by trolls. But I just checked and she hasn't made any films since Ghostbusters. Lol whoops.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

to be fair to them Black Panther's an example where they used social politics to market the film, it really did become intertwined with politics so it was kind of inevitable that a backlash would come.

The joke is on them because it still outgrossed all of their favorite movies with their Rotten Tomatoes brigading. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

The joke is on them because it still outgrossed all of their favorite movies with their Rotten Tomatoes brigading. 

Avatar fans confirmed not to troll online voting polls

20 minutes ago, ainsleyb said:

Nothing really but it seems to have found a way to anger most sections of the Internet. Schumer has a lot of people who downright just don't like her or her brand of comedy which means they were going to trash the film, there are the hardcore social justice warriors that are trashing the film for being about a straight white able bodied woman trying to be body confident. There are the fatties who aren't happy that Schumer is classed as being overweight in this film when she is marginally chubby at best. 

Basically everyone everywhere tends to find something to complain about nowadays, some people just like being offended or being offended on the behalf of others.

Hardcore SJWs and alt right trolls are like two sides of the same shit stained coin. 

• Like 3