Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

I was ruined with Abe's death.  Then when he killed Glen, I started to shake.  If Rick would of cut his son's arm off I might have passed out.  What a crazy episode.

• Like 1

I love the show. I just don't get why they didn't make this the season finale last year, but with one death. 

I feel like they had to add two deaths because people were pissed about the finale. Seems like poor planning.

Abe was one of my favorite characters, but Glenn's death was just awful to see on screen. My wife was in tears and I have to admit I was shaking for a while.

I think the impact on Darrel will be interesting though. 

8 hours ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

I was ruined with Abe's death.  Then when he killed Glen, I started to shake.  If Rick would of cut his son's arm off I might have passed out.  What a crazy episode.

Yeah I called one of the deaths in Glen but it still hit me hard.  When they took out Abraham, that was bad, but it was still more anticipation since we waited so long.  But when he hit Glenn and it was kind of out of nowhere with no set up, I literally jumped out of my seat and started to walk away,  but still watch of course.  Not that I didn't care about Abraham but I was kind of prepared where the other one, even though I figured it was going to happen, was more of the OMG moment since Neegan was talking and then like the Deep Blue Sea SLJ moment, it just happened.

But yeah to see Rick get so broken into submission and the entire group basically demoralized was tough to watch.

They are really teasing the Rick hand thing which I still think will happen this season.  No rumor on that or spoilers, just getting a feeling it could happen.  If it doesn't, that's fine since there are CGI and money issues along with it, but geez, they were trolling us the whole time about it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zerbs said:

I love the show. I just don't get why they didn't make this the season finale last year, but with one death. 

I feel like they had to add two deaths because people were pissed about the finale. Seems like poor planning.

Abe was one of my favorite characters, but Glenn's death was just awful to see on screen. My wife was in tears and I have to admit I was shaking for a while.

I think the impact on Darrel will be interesting though. 

Unless you don't want to believe the showrunner, but it that's not how it happened.

showrunner Scott M. Gimple said the decision to have Negan kill both Glenn and Abraham was made about two years ago and that the deaths had to be important enough to “break Rick” and make the audience believe that “Rick would be under the thumb of Negan.”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 75live said:

Unless you don't want to believe the showrunner, but it that's not how it happened.

showrunner Scott M. Gimple said the decision to have Negan kill both Glenn and Abraham was made about two years ago and that the deaths had to be important enough to “break Rick” and make the audience believe that “Rick would be under the thumb of Negan.”

Fair enough, I will take his word for it. I have read that they have a master plan for the entire series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zerbs said:

Fair enough, I will take his word for it. I have read that they have a master plan for the entire series. 

yeah I think unlike some shows they say they have some big plan, I think they really do for this show.  Now not saying that some things still can't come out of left field of course :P 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah I think unlike some shows they say they have some big plan, I think they really do for this show.  Now not saying that some things still can't come out of left field of course :P 

They do change the plan slightly. For instance Adrea was supposed to survive until the end and become Ricks love interest. At least that's what the actress said in an interview.

Edited by zerbs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zerbs said:

They do change the plan slightly. For instance Adrea was supposed to survive until the end and become Ricks love interest. At least that's what the actress said in an interview.

I can believe that, although I am glad that character is gone  :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

I've never had a television show which is always a work of fiction affect me the way this one does. Even though I was pretty sure that Glenn and Abraham we're going to die last night when it happened especially Glen's it really made me shake. And when it looked like Rick was going to have to cut off car alarm at that point I was telling myself that I don't know if I can watch this show anymore.

From top to bottom from the writers to the actors to the director to the makeup artist to the extras and everything in between it's probably my favorite or second favorite show of all time. Only the Six Million Dollar Man is as good as this in my opinion

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

I've never had a television show which is always a work of fiction affect me the way this one does. Even though I was pretty sure that Glenn and Abraham we're going to die last night when it happened especially Glen's it really made me shake. And when it looked like Rick was going to have to cut off car alarm at that point I was telling myself that I don't know if I can watch this show anymore.

From top to bottom from the writers to the actors to the director to the makeup artist to the extras and everything in between it's probably my favorite or second favorite show of all time. Only the Six Million Dollar Man is as good as this in my opinion

yeah this series is definitely up there for me as well.  I'd have to really think about what would be over it, but regardless I doubt it would be lower than third place just off the top of my head.

I wasn't sure if they were going to go through with the Carl arm thing either, but with the way the episode was going, I wouldn't have been surprised if they did

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

It plays out like this in the comics.  You don't like it, don't watch.

yeah I have the 3 compendiums and I purposely stop reading once they catch up to where I am watching the show.  Now I can finish the second one and probably part of the 3rd one without spoiling anything :) 

Too bad my one friend, no matter how many times I tell him not to, tends to spoil part of the comic for me though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

It plays out like this in the comics.  You don't like it, don't watch.

Yep, Besides the randomness of Glenn's death, that is not being after the enie meanie thing, thats almost exactly how it looked in the comic. Including him talking to Maggie.

Its just more shocking in color on T.V. AMC is in a damned if they do damned if they don't position on the Lucille scene. People that don't read the comic think it went too far, but if they showed any less the people that do read the comic would be pissed.

I think they did a good job by giving you the perspective of Rick. It's meant to be a hopeless breaking situation. The viewer is meant to be traumatized like the group is.

• Like 2