Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

This show is the best thing going for AMC.. The black guy getting mauled was tense.. Just wish they'd tone down on showing so many commercials.. Seems like there's a commercial every 5 minutes...

Not gonna happen, AMC is getting an obscene amount of money for that ad space.
  • Like 1

T-Dog...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1sLori... (comic spoilers follow):

Wow, just wow I did not expect them to kill her off so early. She dies in the comic but based on how the events in the comics go that point in time would have been the Season 4 finale probably. I expected Carol to show up at the last minute to be able to perform the C-Section safely.

• Like 1

Part of me can't help but feel this was damage control for last season by getting rid of Lori and simultaneously inspiring a character change for Carl, possibly into someone who doesn't completely suck. I would have preferred Carol dying over T-Dog, but whatever there.But just wow at Andrew Lincoln's performance there in the end, he's got some skills. Lauren Cohan too, for that matter. The acting by pretty much everyone in the ending there made that feel almost more real and raw than I'm comfortable with.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Part of me can't help but feel this was damage control for last season by getting rid of Lori and simultaneously inspiring a character change for Carl, possibly into someone who doesn't completely suck. I would have preferred Carol dying over T-Dog, but whatever there.But just wow at Andrew Lincoln's performance there in the end, he's got some skills. Lauren Cohan too, for that matter. The acting by pretty much everyone in the ending there made that feel almost more real and raw than I'm comfortable with.

Carl hasn't completely sucked this season at all.
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

I have to give this episode an A-.

Some Notes:

1) Woodbury drama should have either been taken completely out or condensed so that it was no longer being shown after the zombies arrived in the prison. The whole plot was about them deciding to stay another day...which is nowhere near as exciting when you have:

2) T-Dog's death. Sacrificing his life to save Carol was pretty epic. Although it was funny how they get Carol's shirt and just assume she's dead. I bet the actor was really happy he finally got some lines and then got to the part where he got bit and he was like "Damn it! I finally express my opinions and I die!" Oh, T-Dog...you had to become Dale right before you died.

3) Lori's childbirth drama and death. I wasn't expecting this at all. I considered Lori "too central to be killed" but...wow. The whole childbirth scene was disgusting but it was amazing. I never liked Lori, but her death had an emotional impact because of Carl. Carl hasn't really sucked this season and he's been in the process of redeeming himself, but damn if Carl having to witness his mom's death and then having to shoot her didn't touch me. I also liked how Carl was stoic while his dad understandably broke down.

This episode wasn't the most bad-ass but it's the first episode where the action carried an emotional weight to it.

• Like 2

T-Dogg should have never removed that riot gear once he found it. I would have had that on 24/7!

Btw is the new black guy supposed to take Tyrese's place from the comics?

That's my assumption now.

My favorite little bit was when T-Dog says his piece about the prisoners, Daryl adds in that most guys may be lowlifes but not psychos, and then:

T-Dog: So you're with me?

Daryl: Hell No! *with a funny scrunched up facial expression*

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2