Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

22 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

So, second Weekend looks to be setting up IW to have a 2.4ish multiplier, with legs similar to about every MCU sequel. Who'd have seen this coming.

I'd say 2.5ish multiplier, but yeah, not that much better than Ultron......... to the surprise of no one except the delusionals. Though yeah, the opening week performance hinted at stronger legs, but it seems it was all spillover effect.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'd say 2.5ish multiplier, but yeah, not that much better than Ultron......... to the surprise of no one except the delusionals. Though yeah, the opening week performance hinted at stronger legs, but it seems it was all spillover effect.

That's me! :hellothere:

I'm not worried cause OW was laughably underestimated so I expect this weekend to be underestimated too. First 3-4 BP weekends also went up with actuals by quite a lot. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@IronJimbo ETA on this breaking past 0.5A? (A truly momentous achievement I know we can all agree on)

Week after next.

next weekend is China and it just broke a billion. Give it another weekend there and it’ll have blown past 1.5 Billi worldwide easy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrSinister said:

Week after next.

next weekend is China and it just broke a billion. Give it another weekend there and it’ll have blown past 1.5 Billi worldwide easy

Crazy to think that this will manage to get over 0.5A, glad to see another movie make it into this elite club!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's me! :hellothere:

I'm not worried cause OW was laughably underestimated so I expect this weekend to be underestimated too. First 3-4 BP weekends also went up with actuals by quite a lot. 

Apologies for the rudeness. :ph34r:

Also, each consecutive update seems to constantly go on a lower end than the one before, so.... yeah. I mean, who knows. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Okay lets look at the list of records BP and IW broke in the last 3 months.

If any MCU/movie/box office fan is saddened at this point just give up being a fanboy because you can't appreciate shit.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Fun fact: No franchise has two movies  in the top 10 WW.

Except for Avengers.

By next summer they could have FOUR. :rofl:

I think Avengers 4 will do 1.5 billion 

• Like 1

honestly i think black panther is why everyone here got so greedy. if that movie had finished at like 400 this would be the highest grossing mcu flick in the US and no one would have a problem. Avengers 1 used to be the goal but now to a lot of people black panther is the goal.

• Like 13

If it follows his tracking:

• DOM Sunday drop would be anywhere from 15 to 20% (which sounds waaaaay optimistic imo, but it would be pretty dope);
  • DOM weekend drop would be sub-55%, around 54 to 54.5% (so much for the CRUMBLING doom and gloom if it happens, but again, with a 47-48 Saturday, sounds like an overshoot.... but what do I know);
  • WW broke Civil War's WW total in 2 weeks;
  • OS total at over 730M w/o China; 1B OS sub-China is a stretch now, but still within possibility.

Regardless of the drops not being amazing or whatever, these numbers are fucking phenomenal and IW is 99.9999999999% locked for top 4 WW finish, close to locked over Avengers 1 DOM, and possibly top 5 DOM finish as well (needs to beat Jurassic World, and even a Civil War 2nd weekend-onwards multiplier gets it there... but competition won't make it easy).