ZeeSoh

Thursday (10/5) Numbers:- Infinity War - 6.9m

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

That's what people said about Civil War. And yet...

I'm predicting an identical 3rd weekend drop, and think it will probably drop less due to Mother's Day. What more do you want?

Black Panther destroyed Ultron in weekend 2. Having similar weekly drops meant nothing because we already knew it had better weekend holds.

BP turned a similar weekday drop into a much better weekend hold because it only increased 102% on its second Friday while Ultron increased 147%, likely due to spillover effect on that first set of weekdays. IW is in the same exact situation, so why compare it to Civil War and Age of Ultron unless you just want the drop this weekend to be over 50%? And Ultron also faced two $45M+ openers in its third weekend, the openers this week look like they'll combine to just about make the opening day of Pitch Perfect 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

BP turned a similar weekday drop into a much better weekend hold because it only increased 102% on its second Friday while Ultron increased 147%, likely due to spillover effect on that first set of weekdays. IW is in the same exact situation, so why compare it to Civil War and Age of Ultron unless you just want the drop this weekend to be over 50%? And Ultron also faced two $45M+ openers in its third weekend, the openers this week look like they'll combine to just about make the opening day of Pitch Perfect 2.

Because I'm using the closest comparison for the week to week drops. It dropped right in between Avengers 1 and Ultron last weekend. And this week it trended closer to Ultron. Thus my 50% drop prediction, + whatever Mother's Day does.

Again, you're pissy over a likely 48% drop prediction. What would you LIKE me to predict? That way I know next time.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

Because I'm using the closest comparison for the week to week drops. It dropped right in between Avengers 1 and Ultron last weekend. And this week it trended closer to Ultron. Thus my 50% drop prediction, + whatever Mother's Day does.

Again, you're pissy over a likely 48% drop prediction. What would you LIKE me to predict? That way I know next time.

I think it's going to be ~42%, actually. But best of luck to your prediction, buddy!

The closest parallel in terms of 2nd weekend drop is without a doubt Guardians of the Galaxy 2, both had a 55.5% drop in the second weekend.  It had the exact same 2nd weekend drop and Infinity War has held up better over the week than it did.

So it would be reasonable to expect it to follow GOTG2's 3rd weekend drop (-46.9%), which would put it at about 61M.