CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Just now, Brainbug said:

THANK YOU.

...wait wasnt that the movie that one guy was stanning for hard?

It looked like ultra garbage and it was an obvious mega bomb so yes, TOG was certainly stanning hard for it.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Never forget that Alan Taylor got a Terminator movie coming off the Thor 2 disaster & firing

He will never get anything else in life besides GOT spin-off episodes.

Just now, CJohn said:

He will never get anything else in life besides GOT spin-off episodes.

Solo wasn’t the first troubled blockbuster to test Clarke’s resilience. If anything, the production of 2015’s Terminator Genisyswas more chaotic. She watched frequent Thrones director Alan Taylor get “eaten and chewed up on Terminator. He was not the director I remembered. He didn’t have a good time. No one had a good time.” When the film underperformed at the box office, she was “relieved” to not have to return for any sequels. News of the rocky production traveled, and Clarke says the crew on the famously disastrous Fantastic Four, which was filming nearby, even had jackets made that read, AT LEAST WE’RE NOT ON TERMINATOR. “Just to give you a summary,” she says, laughing.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

i saw Monster Trucks on opening night and some kid took out his ipad and was watching videos on it during the climax.  it was very distracting.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Didn’t know he was fired 

He was fired from TDW in the same way Gareth Edwards was fired from R1.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Didn’t know he was fired 

@ddddeeee actually broke that story before the trades b/c of the composer change and Marvel stans from other sites attacked him endlessly for it for a couple weeks lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, John Marston said:

Yeah I thought Taylor just complained Marvel was intrusive or something. After Terminator though many people likely felt they were justified in doing so 

Feige took the movie from him in post before the reshoots and replaced a lot of his guys, including the composer and editor. Forget who directed the reshoots, think it was one of the producers

Earlier I realized there's really not that much I'm interested in over the next month:

Sicario

Ant-Man

Skyscraper

Sorry to Bother You (if this is actually going wide)

The Equalizer 2 (still need to see the first)

Mission: Impossible

I still need to see Tag and Jurassic World as well, but it just feels like there's a lack of good options. Maaaaaaaybe I'll see Uncle Drew, The First Purge, and Unfriended too? idk. I don't really mind reduced theater trips because audiences in my area suck, but this year pales compared to last year.

Edited by WrathOfHan