Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

Minions, Shrek the turd, Cars 2 : major fails from major animation studios. Intrestingly each fell below 3x multi with Shrek 3 doing an abysmal 2.6x+ before the preview era! At least Minions had big previews (that time an animation record before Dory broke it).

WDAS's worst CG animation could be Chicken Little and it's better than those 3 imo.

Yay, rankings:

1. TS3

2. Coco

3. WALL-E

4. The Incredibles

5. Finding Nemo

6. Ratatouille

7. Up

8. Toy Story 2

9. Monsters Inc

10. Toy Story

11. Incredibles 2

12. Finding Dory

13. Inside Out

14. The Good Dinosaur

15. A Bug's Life

16. Monsters University

17. Brave

18. Cars

19. Cars 3

20. Cars 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yay, rankings:

1. TS3

2. Coco

3. WALL-E

4. The Incredibles

5. Finding Nemo

6. Ratatouille

7. Up

8. Toy Story 2

9. Monsters Inc

10. Toy Story

11. Incredibles 2

12. Finding Dory

13. Inside Out

14. The Good Dinosaur

15. A Bug's Life

16. Monsters University

17. Brave

18. Cars

19. Cars 3

20. Cars 2

I’d change a lot in this list, but you’ve got Incredibles 2 in the perfect spot IMO

This’ll get Disney to 2B in mid-June.        

Previous record holders look to be Disney 2016 in late July (end of TFA’s run, Zootopia, Jungle Book, Civil War, Dory) and Universal 2015 with early August (Minions, F7, JW, misc.)   

Only Disney 2019 really has a possible shot of challenging the record, and it would take Poppins, Dumbo, Captain Marvel, A4, and Aladdin all really coming through strong.

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

There is no explaining to be done. Inside Out is the best animation of the decade and every other opinion is fundamentally wrong.

Inside out was one of the best, but there are some top tier best animated feature in this decade like Your Name, Zootopia, and of course.....

for your consideration:

image?locale=en-us&mode=scale&purposes=B

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Minions, Shrek the turd, Cars 2 : major fails from major animation studios. Intrestingly each fell below 3x multi with Shrek 3 doing an abysmal 2.6x+ before the preview era! At least Minions had big previews (that time an animation record before Dory broke it).

WDAS's worst CG animation could be Chicken Little and it's better than those 3 imo.

The WOM for Shrek the Third really was something to behold back in the day. Simply unheard of for animation to have those kind of shit legs. Hell, even today it's pretty much still unheard of. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

Shr3k > CL > Cars 2/Minions 

• Like 2

Wonder if Incredibles will now end up becoming Pixar's continuing flagship franchise with Lasseter leaving. Definitely seems there's more of a concrete vision there than there is now with Toy Story. I would like to see Bird try something else before returning to it, though.

8 minutes ago, a2k said:

When I was a dumb stupid child, I thought Shrek the Third was the best Shrek movie...I haven't seen it in nearly a decade, so I don't know how well it has aged.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Wonder if Incredibles will now end up becoming Pixar's continuing flagship franchise with Lasseter leaving. Definitely seems there's more of a concrete vision there than there is now with Toy Story. I would like to see Bird try something else before returning to it, though.

I don't know if Bird will return. I definitely get the sense from him that he really dislikes sequels and wasn't even very keen on making this one. Everyone demanded it for so long though. If we do get I3 from him, I think we better be prepared to wait another 15 years. And execs probably won't be willing to if this is gonna go 1.4b+ WW, hence I can totally see I3 happening w/o him. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Which are still pretty solid

To be honest, I actually liked the end of Up more than the beginning of it, but maybe that's just me.

It's probably easier for me just to say that I love both Up and Inside Out and that Pete Docter is my favourite director working at Pixar.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yay, rankings:

Here are mine (Pre-Incredibles 2, I'm going to try and see that within the next week):

1. Up

2. Inside Out

3. WALL-E

4. Coco

5. The Incredibles

6. Monsters, Inc.

7. Toy Story

8. Ratatouille

9. Finding Nemo

10. Toy Story 3

11. A Bug's Life

12. Toy Story 2

13. Finding Dory

14. Cars

15. Brave

16. Monsters University

17. Cars 3

18. The Good Dinosaur

19. Cars 2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

It's the middle of the pack. Looking at the full list would probably just infuriate you.

Iirc, you quite like Brave, not as big on the Toy Story's as me. I also seem to recall we agreed about IO and TGD being very similar in quality no? Or am I thinking of someone else here?