Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is going to be especially true if AMATW outopens FK, which is seeming more and more like a possibility. 

whoawhoawhoa

Let's settle down a bit lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

JW2 is barely gonna do 100M OW if that. I am thinking 90-95M right now. There is no hype.

JW2 above TFA is CONFIRMED.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Hey, not that long ago people would have mocked I2 ever outopening FK. Now it's a foregone conclusion. 

Yea but Are we talking Ant-Man over 120 or JW under 120?

Cuz both seem nuts

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Ok, but why? Like what good does it do? I mean hey, if I hated your posts I'd say go for it, but I think you're an enjoyable poster whom I'd imagine most here don't have any issue with so gonna ask you to reconsider lol. 

I dont see how Ant-Man 2 could open to more than 100M, thats the ceiling for me for that movie. If Fallen Kingdom would open under that number, i would have a gigantic meltdown. So maybe not posting until like August would be actually good not only for my health, but also my reputation among other users here :lol:

I know Box office is secondary and the most important thing is that i enjoyed the film a lot. But under 100M...that would be just cruel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Fallen Kingdom indeed

This summer's box office outcomes were there in front of our faces all along:

Infinity War = Infinite money

Incredibles 2 = Incredible box office 

Solo = So low

Fallen Kingdom = massive fall off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I dont see how Ant-Man 2 could open to more than 100M, thats the ceiling for me for that movie. If Fallen Kingdom would open under that number, i would have a gigantic meltdown. So maybe not posting until like August would be actually good not only for my health, but also my reputation among other users here :lol:

I know Box office is secondary and the most important thing is that i enjoyed the film a lot. But under 100M...that would be just cruel.

I agree with MovieMan. 

Your posts are actually insightful and not trollish. No need to stop posting here lol :) 

Although id prob be shocked if Ant-Man out opened JW2 myself and I'm actually on the low end of JW2 :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

This summer's box office outcomes were there in front of our faces all along:

Infinity War = Infinite money

Incredibles 2 = Incredible box office 

Solo = So low

Fallen Kingdom = massive fall off

I mean you will have all the right in the world to call me out next weekend when FK does fall of a cliff.

But if it doesnt.

Just prepare yourself.

Wont make it easy for you :stirthepot:

Anyway, back to the incredible amounts of money The Incredibles will earn today. Im thinking when (if) RTH pops up, he will give a range of 68-72. I think - like JW 3 years ago - this will be a film where the numbers are rising with every update.

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yea but Are we talking Ant-Man over 120 or JW under 120?

Cuz both seem nuts

FK under 120M is a lock. The only question that remains is how much below it goes.

• Haha 1

Fallen Kingdom having a historic dropoff just seems so random to me. Marketing wasn't good but the first was well-liked. There's no real reason for it to fall THAT hard

• Like 1

I think AMATW won’t open anywhere near $100M, mainly due to the back to back punch of Incredibles 2 (which will satisfy the family and some of the male demo) and Fallen Kingdom (which will definitely appeal to the male demo). Thinking an OW around $70M-$75M seems right, maybe even $65M.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It would be quite an accomplishment to be the 2nd 300+ opener in just a few months.

Avengers 4 will have a 299M OW, similar to Black Panther which will end its run at 699,91M.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Near full show, LOTS of families but also a fine amount of young couples. Dont really see any old people. Diverse crowd too.

Pissed thanks to the theater but hopefully that goes away quick and i can really get into it. Hypeeee.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I mean you will have all the right in the world to call me out next weekend when FK does fall of a cliff.

But if it doesnt.

Just prepare yourself.

Wont make it easy for you :stirthepot:

Haha, obviously that's fair since I've argued against a big OW for FK for months. Really have nothing against it, the franchise has been far too bland ever since the first for me to be passionate about one way or the other. I just think those pre-sales are legit bad for a direct sequel to a 650+ grosser. So we'll see if pre-sales really don't mean much in this franchise. 

• Like 2