A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Wait this is filming in Vancouver? AND Star Trek?!?! That's so cool because when that report mentioned "lions gate bridge" I'm like ohmygod I lived like 2 minutes away from that!!

I hope it's not just shooting in Burnaby, because my dad is friends with a guy who owns a studio in Vancouver (not the Burnaby one tho) who said to come by if we ever would like to.

Finally!

I rather enjoyed Tron:Legacy. The only part I disliked was that really slow section in the middle when they get to Flinn's apartment. 

I think if they can keep the budget around 150m they'll be fine as it should see an increase OS.

• Like 1

the daft punk soundtrack is the dopest of soundtracks. it feels like a waste that their only film work is for such a weak ass movie. 

Yeah, how you could write something like Adagio For Tron for such a dull and stilted movie. The bombastic OST did all the heavy lifting.

Yeah, how you could write something like Adagio For Tron for such a dull and stilted movie. The bombastic OST did all the heavy lifting.

Goldsmith made a career of it. I'm listening to The Omen III and it's one of the best I've ever heard and for a movie I couldn't make it ten minutes into.

• Like 2

I still really like Legacy. The score is excellent (robbed of an Oscar nom, IMO), Kosinski has a great eye for visuals (Oblivion also looked great), and the use of 3D only in the computer scenes was rather cleverly done. Pity about the script.

It still remains one of the best music videos ever. This film will only work if Daft Punk is involved, though.

• Like 3